The Hunted

37

After we got back to Taujeer and took out the Galra fleet with Voltron, we all gathered at the bridge deck on the princess' request.

Allura let out a heavy sigh as she had her hands clasped in front of her with her eyes looked down at the ground, "I'm so sorry for leaving."

"Me too," Keith apologized as well. "We thought we were doing the right thing."

"But clearly, you were correct, Shiro. We are always stronger together," Allura added to her apology, looking back up at the rest of us.

"At least we learned that Zarkon isn't tracking us through you two," Lance spoke.

"Plus, I learned that my lion can grow armor and extend its claws like that!" Hunk interjected, using hand movements to act out the claws that he was referring to, "Which will come in handy if we ever needed to, say, I don't know, slice up a giant steak while getting beat up."

The room filled with silence as we stared at the Yellow Paladin, not surprised that he would bring up food in some way. "Or fight evil and save innocent people. That too. That would work," Hunk mumbles.

"The fact that the Red Lion came to help Keith from a far distance is a vital piece of information," Shiro said as he took a quick glance at Keith, then to the rest of us. "We now have proof that a lion and a Paladin can connect over a far greater distance than we realize. Which means we finally know how Zarkon is tracking us. It's through the Black Lion."

I started to feel uneasy, knowing that might not be the case, or at least, the only reason that caused us to be tracked by Zarkon. The bond that Zarkon and the Black Lion must be strong, but I feel as if Haggar had put tabs on me as well. She was a witch after all and she has appeared in my dreams a couple times before.

A small tug took my attention away from my thoughts, "Athena? Are you okay?" Pidge whispered as the rest of the team continued the next steps, "You look a bit uneasy."

"I..." I stopped for a moment, rethinking whether I should tell Pidge the truth or not. It was difficult since I've been keeping a lot of things under wraps from Pidge. I still haven't told her about my relationship with Keith which I felt pretty guilty about. Pidge may not look the part of being interested in anyone's love life, but because of our friendship, she would be just as interested as her passion for technology, "I'll tell you about it when we're alone."

Pidge's brown eyes looked at me with worry, "Okay, I'm always here to listen to you, Athena."

I couldn't help but smile at her kind remarks, "Thanks for understanding, Pidge." We tuned back into the conversation about how we were going to stop Zarkon from tracking us. It didn't seem like we missed much from the discussion.

"Unless we want Zarkon taking control of Voltron everytime we get close, I will have to forge a new bond with my lion," Shiro stated. "One that is much stronger than his."

"Well, while you're working on that, the rest of us will need to find some new teludav lenses; otherwise, we won't be able to travel via wormhole," Coran spoke up as he lifted his chin as if he was our superior. Well, he kind of was, but most of us look at him as a lame uncle that everyone will still love.

"Is that something we have to mail to order?" Hunk asked.

"Where would we find those anyways?" I added.

"Does anyone even make those anymore? Considering that this ship was over ten thousand years ago, the teludav lenses might be outdated." Keith jumped in on the discussion.

Coran stroked his mustache, twisting it at the ends before releasing it, "I think I may know where we can get some." Coran walks over to his control panel, pulling up a screen filled with photos of Coran in his youth and other aliens dressed in rags.