The Knights of Light Pt.1

129

~Keith~

"Honerva," Athena pauses for a short while before she continued. "Honerva is my mother's sister." As soon as we formed Voltron, Athena's words were all I could think about. The fact that Athena was willing to put her life in danger was brave of her, but at the same time, it made me worry.

I didn't want to lose Athena, especially when I had envisioned of us being together after all of this is over. I saw a future where we would settle down, have children of our own, and grow old together. I don't want to lose sight of that future; I don't want to lose sight of Athena just because her aunt decided to do the unthinkable.

"Is everyone ready?" Allura called out.

"Yeah," Lance responded.

"Me too," Pidge added.

"Me three," Hunk did the same.

"Keith? Athena?" Allura asked for us.

"Ready when you are, Keith," Athena responded.

I pulled out my Bayard just as planned. "Let's get started," I say.

Then, Allura was heard taking a deep breath into her lung, letting out seconds after. "It is time to begin," she says. My lion purrs as the Bayard port reveals itself on the dashboard. I threw in my Bayard, twisting it just as I would when I would activate a weapon with one of the other Paladins.

A bright tunnel of light appeared before us, radiating before consuming Voltron as a whole into darkness. I closed my eyes and stayed focus. It wasn't the first time I've been inside the void. This was how I was able to find Shiro and get to the other Paladins when they needed me.

I opened my eyes to see streams of white light coming from one end, flowing past. In front of me was Allura while the other Paladins showed up in the same area. "Now what?" Hunk's voice echoed through the tunnel.

"Allura, do you feel anything?" I ask.

"We must travel through that light!" Allura responds.

"It looks so far away," Hunk says. "How do you know?"

"The entity draws me toward it," Allura replies as she activates her jetpack, heading towards the light. Watching her lead the way, the rest of us followed her and enabled our jetpacks into the light.

In a matter of seconds, we flew through the tunnel to a whole new void. Upon entering the void, I heard voices all around that weren't mine or any of the other Paladins'. "What is this place?" Lance asked as we floated in the middle of space. "It's like...I can hear what the universe is thinking."

"Remember how the Olkari told me that everything in the universe is made out of the same energy?" Pidge spoke up. "I think it has something to do with that."

"So what you're saying is that our thoughts are linked by some kind of cosmic connection?" Athena asked.

"Yeah," I responded as I continued to hear the thoughts surround us. "But I think... we're the thoughts of inside a network of people's thoughts."

"Ugh, this is making my head hurt," Lance groans. The thought was a lot to take in, but whatever is happening right now is beyond what we already know.

"Yeah, I'm with Lance on this one," Hunk added on.

"If we are to--- agh!" Allura spoke up, only to be interrupted by a high-pitched ring that affected all of us. A sudden sharp pain flowed through my body as I held my head. The pitched ring continued to sound for a few more seconds before it faded away in an instant.