The New Enemy

55

Not even a half hour since we arrived back at the castle, Keith ordered us to get back to our lions to follow Lotor. During the fight, Keith was able to plant a tracker on the battlecruiser, and now, Keith wants to set course to follow him.

"Is this a good idea? I mean, half of the team are flying new lions. Shouldn't we take time to get used to them first?" I suggested as we were making our way to the coordinates.

"I agree with Athena," Hunk replied. "Now is not a great time to bite off more than we can chew."

"Well, you can blame our hot-headed leader for that one," Lance retorted.

"First you wanted me to lead the team, and now you're complaining about how I lead," Keith snarled. "Prince Lotor is the heir to the throne of the Galra Empire. We need to prevent that from happening."

We were all getting closer to our destination until I suddenly got a reading from my monitor. There was movement in the battlecruiser, "Keith, I'm detecting movement."

"So much for the element of surprise," Lance sighs after his remark. Just as soon as he said that a single fighter appeared from the back end of the cruiser. "Huh? It's just one guy. Where are the others?"

"They're probably scrambling right now," Keith replied. "Let's go after it." He said as he flies the Black Lion towards the fighter ship.

"Keith, I still think this isn't a good idea!" I warned, thinking there was something suspicious happening. Why only one fighter? I feel like they're planning to get as much information about us now that we were a new team.

Just as Keith was flying towards the cruiser, Lance crashed right into the Black Lion. "Lance! What are you doing?" Keith growled.

"Sorry! Red here is a lot faster than what I'm used to," Lance replies. This was what I was fearing. Going out to pick a fight with the Galra at this point will put us into jeopardy. Who knows what Prince Lotor had up his sleeve, "Uh, where'd that fighter go?"

Without warning, the fighter pod started firing from behind but only hit the Black Lion instead. It was like it was trying to test out the Black Lion and its Paladin. This could mean trouble for us.

Keith flew farther away from the group, and the fighter followed, "Come on, move!" Keith hissed as he tried to get away from the fighter jet as soon as he could. The rest of us trailed behind the lone ship, trying to catch up so we can attack the enemy.

"I can't shake him," Keith grunts. "Can someone get this guy off my tail?"

"We're on our way," I replied as four of us moved closer together, trailing the Galra ship. "We're right on your six." At the same time, we activated our blaster, shooting at the fighter pod. But every time we shot at him, the pilot was evading all of them. It was like he was toying with us!

Just as we were focusing on our target, a rogue shot followed the fighter that was heading towards the Black Lion, ultimately knocking Keith to the side. Keith grunts on the other end as he tried to stabilize his lion, "Allura!"

"I'm sorry, Keith!" Allura replied apologetically. She was still having a hard time with the Blue Lion.

We continued to chase down the Galra fighter ship, aiming at all different directions while the pilot rarely shot any. If anything, we were getting pitted against each other, missing our main target and hitting each other instead. It was difficult for me to focus, seeing that we weren't able to work together as a team. We were a complete mess.

Just as I was trying to aim for the ship, Allura flew past me and started firing at it. The pilot started moving around, dodging all of her attacks when suddenly, he moved out of the way and left the Blue Lion flying right into the Yellow Lion. Screams were heard as the two went flying in one direction.