The White Lion 2.0

68

All the Sentries were hard at work, nearly finishing the second Sincline ship made from the comet as I walked into the room. Lotor was standing on the edge, looking out at the construction alongside Acxa, Narti, and Ezor.

"Cousin," I called out as I approached the group. "We just received a message from central command. Emperor Zarkon requires your presence immediately." I thought Zarkon was in a coma, but it seems that he has woken up from his slumber. 

Lotor took in a deep inhale, letting it go in just a matter of seconds, "Very well, prepare a ship."

"Do you think he's on to us?" Ezor asked.

"No," Lotor replied. "My father is ready to return to the throne. He can have it." The young prince faces us with a sly grin on his face, "Our plans have not changed. Narti, Athalia, come with me." Almost immediately, Narti and I followed behind Lotor as he made his way towards the door of the room. "The rest of you, continue to oversee the construction. I will return."

The three of us headed out of the room and to the hangar that had one of the older ships. We boarded the ship, heading towards Central Command as we were told. It wasn't too long until we reached the headquarters, landing in one of the hangars to meet with the old witch, Haggar.

"Prince Lotor, please, follow me." The witch led the way with my cousin watching her from behind. It took a couple of seconds before we would follow Haggar.

She led us down to the central bridge deck where from a distance, I saw a figure sitting on the throne. It was advised that Narti and I would stand back while Haggar escorted Lotor all the way to the end of the room. There was a bad aura coming from that side of the room; something sinister and evil.

"Father, it gives me such pleasure that you have made a full recovery," Lotor's voice could be heard from the other side. "You look stronger ---"

"Silence," Zarkon puts an end to Lotor's charm. "I did not bring you here to waste my time with your flattery." From where I was, I could see Lotor's head lower, bowing to the emperor, "You are relieved of your position; Effective, immediately."

"Lord, I beg of you!" Lotor spoke up as he stood back up on his feet, pleading to his father. "Do not discard me. Let me stay by your side."

"Your short reign will be regarded as a black spot on the Galra Empire for many years to come," Emperor Zarkon replied. I could sense that Zarkon had enough of what he might call, Lotor's foolishness, under his rule. From what I've understood, despite being against Voltron because of what they did to his father, Lotor cared for Emperor Zarkon. At the same time, there was this discord between the father and son.

"Of course my efforts at ruling the universe seem feeble beside your inestimable accomplishments. Perhaps if you could train me, I could learn." It was clear to me that he was trying to put up this act for his father to fall for but what was Lotor really up to? What was his real plan?

"You, are no longer needed," Zarkon firmly replied.

Lotor stood there in silence, not being able to say a word instantly. He lowers his head slightly. I could imagine that he broke off any eye contact with his father as he looked at the ground in front of him, "As you wish," Lotor replied.

Immediately, Lotor turns around and slowly walks away from the throne. Narti and I stood on the other end, waiting for Lotor to come back. As he was making his way towards us, a small smirk appeared on his face. His eyes made contact with mine as if he was successful in getting his father to believe that he really wanted to work alongside him.