The Journey Within

101

~Athena~

We were surrounded in some kind of pink force field that has kept us in place for more than ten seconds. I tried to move, but the force was too strong for me even to lift a finger. Using my eyes, I tried to look at the others, seeing that they were frozen in their spots. The only person missing from the area was Keith.

Noticing that he had disappeared, I panicked for a moment until I realized that Kosmo vanished as well. He must have been transported by Kosmo right before the force field expanded and made us glued to our spots. They were safe in a way that they didn't get trapped like the rest of us did, but now they were vulnerable to danger with that alien walking about.

"Athena, you have to absorb the energy," I hear my mother's voice call out to me. I tried to look for her, only to notice that she was outside of the force field, hovering about. "Use the alchemy that you gained when you first got the White Lion."

I thought about it, running through some spells that I could think off right off the back. One came up to mind and I quickly mentally chanted the incantation. With my free hand, I started to absorb the force field slow but gradually. The pink light began to shrink as it was being absorbed into my hand.

As I was doing so, I could feel the power of the force field take some energy. I had to work fast, knowing that Keith was in danger, so I forced myself to absorb more of the field into my grasp. This time, the force field was shrinking, even more, allowing some of the team to be free from its hold.

It took a while before I was able to absorb the whole field of its entirety into the palm of my hand, but as soon as I took all of the power in, I fell to my knees. I felt it running through my veins as I laid there for a moment.

"Athena, are you okay?" Shiro calls out as he kneeled beside me. Slowly, I mustered up my strength to get myself back onto my feet, knowing that I had to do something with this power. That was when I knew I had to find Keith and help him.

"Pidge," I called for her, "locate Keith's location for me."

"He's right below us," Pidge gave an immediate answer as she looked at her tracker.

I looked at the ground in front of me as I felt this overbearing power flow through me. The only way I could get rid of it is by using it to attack. That meant having to use it to break the ground beneath us.

"Everyone, stand back," I yelled as I balled my hand into a fist, ready to punch the ground as hard as I could. I raised my hand over my head and threw a mighty blow to the ground, breaking it beneath me in an instant.

I fell through, landing on my hands and feet to see that I was in a different area. I looked up to see Macidus standing a few feet away from me as the rest of the Paladins jumped through the hole that I created. They held their weapons as they got ready to fight. I too stood up and held my Bayard tightly. 

"How?" Macidus mutters in between breaths as he saw us standing before him. After looking at Macidus' shock written all over, I saw Keith lying off to the side with Kosmo. Behind Macidus, I saw a beaten up Kolivan hanging on four cords. Then, a sly grin appeared on Macidus' face, in which I noticed how ugly he was without the mask. "Kolivan is going to enjoy watching me take down each and every one of you."

Just like that, Macidus disappeared before our eyes and then appeared behind us. Hunk started shooting at him, but just misses him after a few shots, only to get knocked out by Macidus' power.