The Hallucinations

102

~Athena~

I opened my eyes to see that I was floating around in the cockpit of my lion. The White Lion was offline and no longer functioning. If anything, that burst of light knocked out the least bit of charge on my lion, and it might have done the same to the others. "Is everyone okay?" I called out, as I noticed their lions were out of power too. I only hoped that they could hear me.

"I'm here," Pidge grunts.

"Still alive," Lance added on. "That was crazy," Hunk replied, which followed with a loud clunk on his end.

"I'm fine as well," Allura responded before letting out a gasp. "Coran is frozen! And so are the mice."

"What do you mean?" I asked as I looked beside me to see mom floating around. As soon as I did, I instantly knew that there was something wrong. "Mom?" I called out as I reached out for the little robot. She didn't respond. Even if she did, her lights would flicker to indicate that she was speaking.

"Buddy, can you hear me?" Keith sounded on his end of the communications. "The wolf is frozen, but my scanners are indicating his vitals are strong."

"Copy that with Romelle," Lance replied. "What's going on?"

"That blast might have done it and put everyone into frozen shock," I spoke out. "Our Paladin armors might have protected us from it. My lion is completely immobile."

"Mine is out too," Hunk added on. "So, we're all alone in space. No power, no food, no communication nearby, no anything! This could be a horror space movie right now, and we're all going to die!" He panics on the other end as he overanalyzed the situation. There had to be a way to work around this.

"Hunk, calm down," Keith responded. "We'll think of something."

"But what are we going to do?" Lance asks.

"Pidge, is there any way that we can get our lions up and running?" Keith calls out.

"Maybe," Pidge replied with uncertainty. "But I don't know how long it will take and I don't know if you noticed, but we're all drifting into different directions after that blast."

"If we don't get the power back on, we might lose each other!" Hunk added on.

Everything fell silent as we were waiting for Keith's decision. He was the leader, so he needed to think of something fast before it's too late. "Okay, the power can wait. We need to keep the lions together, so that will be our main priority."

I floated within my cockpit, thinking of how we could tether the lions so they would remain close. That was when an idea came to mind. "I have an idea," I called out. "I don't know if it's going to work, but we have to try."

"What is it?" Keith asks.

"I found some zip line cables in the hull the other day. We can use them to tie our lions together," I replied.

"Does that mean we have to get out of our lions?" Hunk whimpers in fear as I floated towards the exit of the cockpit. "What if that thing appears again or if some hungry alien creature comes up and devours us?"

"Hunk, get a grip, will you?" Lance retorts.

"It's the only way to keep us together," Keith added on as I went to the hull of my lion, looking for the zip lines that I found. "Athena, grab those cables, and we'll meet your outside. We need to move fast." It didn't take long the cables were floating about from the recent impact. I reached, grabbed long ropes of it, and took it with me outside of the White Lion.