The Galran

45

We landed inside the castle hangars and with us was Kolivan, the leader of the Blades. Because of his realization that Keith was indeed, Galra blood, Kolivan decided it was best to be working together to take down Zarkon.

We stepped out of the lion and met with the others. They all looked pleased to see us, all except Allura, who had her eyes on the stranger.

Kolivan's mask vanishes, revealing his face for the first time. He walks up to my sister, taking a knee with his head down, "Princess Allura, it's good to see that the rumors are true. You are still alive after all these years."

"So is Zarkon," Allura tried to maintain her speech, knowing well that she would have a sharp tongue against the Galra. "Can we consider you our ally in the fight against him?"

"Yes, but we have little time to discuss this. I just received word from our spy inside the Garan hierarchy." Kolivan then gets back on his feet as he looked down at the princess, "They have become aware of our presence, so the timetable for our plan had been moved up."

"How soon do we need to begin?" Shiro asked.

Kolivan turned to Shiro, "Now."

The time for us to defeat Zarkon was drawing closer. I scanned the room to see the look on everyone's faces, seeing that they were trying to put a brave face. I could see it in their eyes that they were nervous, anxiously wondering if we were going to be able to take the Galra Empire down.

All of a sudden, I remembered Keith's wound that he got from the trials. Because we were in a rush to get back to the Castle of Lions, the Blades weren't able to tend Keith.

"Keith," I called out as I reached for his arm. "Let's get your wound bandaged up." Keith looked at me in confusion. He must have forgotten about it with his mind concentrated on something more important.

Keith blinked a couple of times before realizing what I was referring too. He nods his head, "Okay."

"Wait, what wound?" Allura asks, before turning to Kolivan with a deadly look in her eyes, "What did you do to him?"

"He allowed himself to get injured," Kolivan said coldly. Even though he was on our side with this newfound alliance, Kolivan was still stern with his words, "We went to seek knowledge about the blade he possesses, which happens to be one of ours."

"What?" Allura growled as she turned back to Keith with confusion seen all over her face, "What weapon is he talking about, Keith?"

Keith lowered his eyes and looked away from Allura. I could sense him being ashamed to tell Allura the truth. We both knew what kind of reaction Allura would have when she realizes that Galra blood runs in his veins.

Keith looked back up, taking a deep breath as he made eye contact with Allura, "This," he says as he pulled out the small knife from his back pocket, revealing the insignia. "Ever since I was born, I've had this blade with me. My father said it was from my mother, which led me to think, after meeting Ulaz, that she had something to do with the Blade of Marmora."

Shock filled Allura's eyes as she recognized the little glowing mark on the blade, "It turns out that I'm able to activate its true form because I have Galra blood," Keith says with confidence.

The room fell silent as surprised expressions were on everyone's faces except for myself, Shiro and Kolivan. I looked at my sister, seeing how devastated she looked as soon as Keith dropped the ball on her.

"Excuse me?" She blurts out, "You're part Galra? You must be joking."

I shook my head as I stood close to Keith, "He's not, Allura. Keith is telling the truth." Allura looked back at Shiro to confirm. All he did was gave the princess a nod, making her turn to look at Keith.