The Yearning Heart *BONUS*

A/N: WARNING: The chapter may suggest mature themes that are unsuitable for younger readers (and no it's not lemon). Reader's discretion is advised.

✵✵✵

108

~ Keith ~

We got back to the Garrison base without being seen. Hunk, despite trying to stay strong, he was still filled with grief not being able to save his parents when we had the chance. All I could do was leave Hunk with some encouragement to lift his spirits once more.

"Keith," Athena calls out to me as I was walking her back to her room. I looked at her, seeing a warm smile on her face as she looked at the ground in front of her. "What you said to Hunk was heartwarming. I'm proud of you," she says as she looks up at me.

My heart skips a beat, not only because of how Athena was looking at me with her beautiful green eyes but because of how she complimented me with a warm smile. It was the same way she made me feel back when we were students here at the Garrison; the same way that caused me to realize how much I loved her.

"It's nothing..." I muttered under my breath as I averted my gaze from. "As a leader, I should be looking after my teammates."

Athena lets out a soft laugh as she wraps an around mine. "You've grown so much, Keith. You used to isolate yourself from others, pushing them away so they wouldn't get close to you. Now, you lead them and build them back up when they're down." She then rests her head on my shoulder. "You're truly amazing."

"Athena..." I halted in our tracks, making Athena stop as well. I looked at her as she looked up at me with eyes full of wonder. With my eyes, I examined Athena's face. Every time I looked at her, my heart faces as I see all the features that made her beautiful. Athena was absolutely irresistible.

There was this unseen force that was causing us to gravitate to one another, leaning into a kiss. I closed my eyes before our lips touched. It felt as if I had been waiting for this moment to feel her lips against mine. Nothing has changed then. It had been a long time since we were able to be this intimate with each other.

Athena removed her arm around mine, moving her position so she could wrap her arms around my neck without having to pull away. All I wanted to do at this moment was to devour every little bit of her and shower her with kisses.

I pressed my lips against hers even more as I placed my hands on her waist and pulled her in. Athena mewls as her fingers brushed through my hair which turned me on.

Seconds later, Athena pulled away. I opened my eyes to see the satisfied look on her face. "It's been a while," she says with a sultry look in her eyes.

I nodded. "It feels like a long time," I replied, smirking. "Should we bring this somewhere else?" Athena raised an eyebrow, but the grin on her face still remained. She nods her head as she removed her arms from my shoulders.

Athena's hand gently stroked my arm. "Wash up and meet in my room?" She asks. I nodded my head before Athena could turn away and head towards her room.

✵✵✵✵✵

~Athena~

After leaving Keith, I got myself cleaned up and dressed for bed. It felt weird knowing that I was finally home, where I didn't have to worry about the lion moving around too much or being attacked by Galra fighters. Well, the latter half is still a reality even on Earth, but at least we still have some time to relax before we go out and stop them.

I sat on my bed, playing with my hair as I waited for Keith. I wondered if Keith would actually come, considering that it was already late at night. He could have passed out as soon as he got to his room. If Keith shows up, great; but if he doesn't, it's not a big deal.