The Best Friends

7

Coran briefed the others about the Red Lion's whereabouts and that it was in the Galra spacecraft heading our way. Earlier, he had mentioned it would take around two days before they would arrive, based on their location. It turned out that there were some miscalculations.

It wasn't too long until we got a message from the incoming Galra ship, meeting face to face with one of the Galra commanders under Zarkon's rule, Sendak. Seeing his face alone sent me goosebumps.

The shape of his head was of a bat with long ears and furry sideburns. His one eye was a yellow sclera, while the other had a scar over where his eye would be and replaced with a red lens. The commander threatened Princess Allura to turn over the Lions to him, or he would destroy the planet.

Never before had I felt this afraid to see such creature threatening to kill for the sake of taking the lions. Knowing what I've learned about the Galra in the past couple of hours, they were vile and showed no mercy to those who are innocent. If they had their hands on Voltron, the whole universe was doomed.

"Alright, let's not panic," Shiro exclaimed before Hunk took a step in the middle of the room.

"Don't panic? That purple alien thing just threatened us, and we have only four of the lions!" Hunk exclaims.

"Technically, we only have three working lions," Pidge corrected as she crossed her arms across her chest.

"Yes, three working lions. Thank you Pidge," Hunk continued. "And this castle is over ten thousand years old. What's not to panic?" The expression on his face was full of worry and anxiousness. I could feel it too, but there had to be some other way we can protect ourselves and be ready to fight off Sendak. We have no other choice but to engage in combat.

"Wait, the castle has a particle barrier that we can activate!" Allura added.

"Girl, you've already activated my --"

"Lance!" I called out in annoyance, knowing he would say something perverse. He looked at me with a cheeky grin, making me want to roll my eyes at him.

"The particle barrier won't be able to sustain the Sendak's ION cannon for too long," Coran spoke as the display of the Galra battleship appeared in front of us. "Their technology must have advanced in the years since we last fought them."

"Can we panic now?" Hunk looked over at Shiro.

"No, we need to make a plan of action," Shiro looked at the rest of the team. "And we need to figure it out quickly." 

Everyone started to pitch in their ideas. Lance and Hunk suggested we avoid being attacked and escape through another wormhole to live another day. Pidge interjected that we shouldn't abandon Arus and that we needed to find a better way to protect the planet and the lions.

"I agree with Pidge; we can't just leave this planet. The Galra will continue to destroy planets and anything that gets in their way. We need to stop them," I added.

"Why don't we just lead Sendak away from the planet through the wormhole, so he doesn't destroy it?" Hunk suggested. It was a good point, but for sure Sendak will destroy Arus either way and come after the lions.

"Sendak can destroy the planet and come after us," Keith spoke up as he stared at the other guys with a serious expression on his face. Hearing him say that surprised me. It was as if he had read my thoughts. "Staying here is our only option."

Lance peered in front of Keith's face with his hands in pockets. "Here's an option, shut your quiznak!" He blurted, causing Coran and Princess Allura to be stunned at his comment.