The Final Battle

95

~Athena~

All six of the lions formed into Voltron as Lotor came charging for us. We quickly moved out of the way, turning around to see Lotor readying his cannon. And just like that, Lotor shot his blast at our direction with no hesitation.

"Shield!" Keith exclaims, which forms just in time before the blast struck us. Its force was so strong that we were struggling to keep in place. It was gradually pushing us back every second. "Hunk, form cannon!" Keith calls out again.

"You got it!" Hunk replies. The Yellow Lion's shoulder cannon appeared as we pushed away from Lotor's attack, sending a blow towards Lotor. Just when I thought we had him, Lotor jumped out of the way, causing my jaw to drop slightly. Again, Hunk kept firing at Lotor who kept moving from one place to another.

"He's too fast!" Lance interjects as we continued to fire.

"Then we'll have to get in close," Keith replied. "Form sword!" Voltron's sword appeared, but in response, Lotor summoned two of his own. Lotor advances towards us at high speeds, wielding his swords at us.

The blades collided with Lotor pushing us back with great force. We take two hits, one after the other, before getting kicked off to the side. "Move!" Keith said as we saw Lotor quickly approaching us. Lotor swings his sword as we ducked out of the way.

Just when we thought we could take a quick breather, something hit us from the side. We turned around to see it was Lotor once more with one of his blades coming for us. Lotor was way too fast, making it difficult for us to coordinate our next attack. We would get pummeled from every corner and being pushed off to the side only to get hit again.

I grunted as Voltron spun in one full circle. I looked up to see Lotor attempting to attack us once more. "Shield up!" Keith cries out, creating the shield in front of us to block Lotor's advances. "Attack!"

We were doing everything that we could to counter all of Lotor's attacks, but they were all rendered useless as Lotor continuously dodged them with ease. "We can't touch him. Lotor's too fast!" I said as we continued to block his attacks.

"We need him to stop moving around so much; back him into a corner or something," Hunk suggested.

"Hunk is right," Keith responded. "We have to eliminate his speed advantage. Limit his movements." I looked around to see what we could use to slow Lotor down, or at least something to give us the upper hand. That was when I saw a crescent asteroid with a shallow dip which was just what we needed.

"Over there!" I called out.

"I see it," Keith replied. We started to make a move towards that asteroid so we could bring Lotor in. "Now, we lure him in close." I looked down at my scanners seeing how close Lotor was getting. With each passing second, Lotor was inching his way. That only meant for us to go even fast so we could reach the asteroid.

Once we got there, I knew that at this point, Lotor would see this as an excellent opportunity for him to destroy us. He charged up another blast that went straight for us. Immediately, we pulled out the shield to block his attack.

Lotor stopped for a moment and then continued to pursue us by charging forward with a sword at hand. I held my controls tightly in my hands as I felt slightly nervous about what was about to happen next. "Wait for him," Keith spoke in an assuring tone as we watched Lotor heading straight for us. "Let him build up speed."

With only several feet away from us, Lotor was ready to pierce right through Voltron with his sword. "Now!" On Keith's command, I pushed on of my levers forward to move Voltron out of the way, causing Lotor to crash right into the meteor.