The Blitz Pt.1

73

My heart raced. Not out of fear or excitement, but the thrill of going on a wild adventure again. It had been a while, especially when this was dealing with aliens and a different planet which is far from being a fast ride through the desert plains back home.

"Are you ready?" Keith's voice surprised me while I was in my own thoughts as I sat in the pilot's seat. I looked to my right, staring up at Keith who had his hand on the chair.

"Yeah," I replied before looking back in front of me. I reached out for levers, holding onto the grip. All we were waiting for was Princess Allura's broadcast to the rest of the coalition before we fly into Senfama.

Suddenly, a radio transmission was coming in; this was the broadcast. Without doing anything, a screen appeared on my dashboard, revealing Princess Allura's face. The seriousness in her bright blue eyes intrigued me, making me wonder where I had seen in from.

"Fellow members of the Voltron Coalition," the princess started. "If you are hearing me now, it is because you have pledged to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with us in our fight against Zarkon's enslavement of the free peoples of the universe. But that enslavement is about to be dealt with a crushing blow. The time for a full-scale attack on the Galra Empire is now." I was drawn to her ability to speak in patriarchy. It was admirable. 

"Far in the future, when they speak of this day, they will speak of our sacrifice, but they will also remember this day that freedom began to overtake tyranny," Allura continues on. "You all have your missions. You know what to do," the princess takes a short pause as she looks at the screen, narrowing the gap between her brows as she continued to have a straight face. "Good luck. We'll see you on the other side."

"You heard her," Kolivan's voice rang through the communicators just before the broadcast ended. "We have a job to do. The fate of the universe is in the hands of the Voltron Coalition, so let's do it right."

I nodded my head, turning up at Keith he had this serious expression on his face. He was only looking ahead, "Roger that," Keith replies.

"We just need to wait till Pidge and Hunk disable the Galra communication station so we can head in there," I replied. "Do you think they'll be able to do it?"

"I'm sure it'll be easy for them," Keith replied with a smile on his face. By the looks of it, Keith had a lot of faith in them and I should too.

Just moments later as we stayed in our post, Coran spoke through our communicators. "They have disabled the Galra comms. Time to move in!" The man spoke with such enthusiasm in his voice. "We have around thirty dobashes before they go back online, so good luck everyone! I will give a ten-minute warning."

"Here we go," I sighed, preparing myself mentally for what was to come. I held on the levers tighter as I revved up the lion, ready to embark for Senfama. "This is it. We're finally at war, and there is no turning back for us. Are you ready?"

"I've been waiting for this for a long time now," Keith replied.

"Then let's do this."

Just as I about pushed forward, Keith called out, "Wait." I halted right before I proceeded, turning back to Keith in wonder. Before I could even say anything, something soft and warm crashed onto my lips. I blinked a couple of times only to realize that Keith was right in front of me, leaving no gap between us whatsoever.

My heart pounded against my chest, but this feeling was different from earlier. My cheeks heated up at Keith's sudden action, but instinctively, I closed my eyes for a few moments until the pressure came off my lips. I wanted to reach out for his face, wanting more of the feeling as my body temperature rose. I opened up my eyes to meet with Keith's who was staring right at me with passion. His breath scraped the surface of my skin as our lips were only a few inches apart.