The Space Wolf

82

~Athena~

We walked around the creature's back for what felt like days since we got on. I've already lost track. Heck, maybe weeks went by already. During the first few days, the creature made its own atmosphere, allowing us to breathe safely without inhaling toxins. We basically scavenged for food and water on this creature's back, and to my surprise, there was plenty of resources for us. The creature had its own water source and vegetation, which made it plausible for us to survive for the days or weeks that we had been on its back.

More glimpses of the past happened as well as we rode on the creature's back. Some interchanged from Keith's past, mine, and Krolia's. The more I saw my history, the more I started to recollect my memories. It made me realize who I really was and where I belonged, but there was still a lot that was missing.

One day, Keith and I went around to find some food while Krolia was left at the cave. As we were walking, Keith spoke up. "How are you doing?" He asks. I turn to him, wondering why he was asking. I was perfectly fine. "I mean, how are you adjusting to everything that is going on?"

"Oh, well, I think I'm okay - nothing out of the ordinary," I replied. "Although I do feel a little strange after being on this creature's back for what feels like forever. I would get this feverish body temperature happening, dizzy spells here and there. It started maybe in the second week or so?"

"What?" Keith looked at me with worry in his eyes. I couldn't help but think how cute his reaction was. There was nothing wrong with me. I just wanted to pull Keith's leg a little, seeing that all he has been doing was stress and worry about the future that lied ahead of us.

Without a moment to react, Keith reached out to me and placed his hand on my forehead. "Are you feeling sick? You seem a little warm, but not enough to have a fever."

I let out a laugh at Keith's reaction and shook my head, "I was just kidding." I reached out for his hand and took it down. Keith stared at me with wide eyes, still confused about what was happening. "There's nothing wrong. I'm 100% okay. I just wanted you to loosen up a little." Hearing this, Keith pursed his lips and glared at me. "Oh come on, Keith. Don't be like that."

Keith let out a heavy sigh, "You got me really worried there, Athalia. I thought you might have caught something."

"Sorry," I shrugged as I awkwardly smiled at him; not that I was actually sorry. Keith really needed to chill out. "I was just worried that you were overthinking of what's going to happen next. So I decided to pull a small joke on you so you would laugh. You know, lighten up a little?"

Despite my attempts to make him laugh, Keith looked away with a stern expression on his face. I've never seen him so serious. "Athalia, you don't remember much about our past, right?" It was random with what he was asking. I mean, there were things that I did remember thanks to the waves of light that would give me glimpses of the past, but other than that, there was nothing specific about me and Keith.

I shook my head, "No, sorry. I wish I could remember. You seem like you want me to remember them."

"It's selfish of me, but I do want you to remember," Keith replied as he looked at me. "You used to do this a lot to me."

"What do you mean? What did I do to you?" I asked.

"You used to try to pull pranks on me," Keith said with a small smirk on his face. "You would try to make me laugh all the time with your sarcasm or your jokes." Did I? He might be referring to the moments when I was in the Galaxy Garrison, but I can't seem to remember those moments.

"Really?"

"Yeah," Keith nodded. "You were so desperate to befriend me for some reason, and I didn't know why. It made me think you had this huge crush on me." Instantly, my cheeks burned with embarrassment.