The Unexpected Realization

8

Ever since Allura had asked me about my relationship with Keith, I started to think about who we were to each other. We were just friends and nothing else, right? He doesn't treat me that much different compared to the others; he cares for people, he just doesn't like to show his feelings. Keith could be hostile towards Lance, but he's still kind and respectful to others.

The more I thought about him, the more I started to think about his mission of finding the Red Lion on the Galra battleship. Lance and Hunk served as a distraction while the rest went inside unnoticed.

What was only ten minutes into the mission, it felt like one hour. It made me worry about them; it made me worry about Keith. This was his mission while everyone else is putting themselves at risk so that he could fetch the Red Lion.

Is he okay? Has he found the lion yet? Did he get lost on this ship? What if he was caught sneaking in and he had to fight for his life? I had these questions running through my mind as I thought about Keith.

I couldn't help but worry about what was going on thanks to Allura's nosy assumption that we were together. I couldn't blame her for thinking that way. It's just because her question made me rethink everything between the two of us.

Just as I had thought about that, four figures were flying towards the castle. I looked up and focused on them, noticing they were the lions. "They've found the Red Lion!" Coran exclaimed as he jumped for joy. My heart was at ease knowing that everyone was safe and that they've retrieved the Red Lion from the battleship.

"That's great!" Princess Allura chimed, "We can finally get the Black Lion."

The team landed in front of the castle as Coran opened up the bottom of the castle, instructing them to go inside. According to Allura, this was where the Black Lion stayed, and the only way the doors would open is that all four lions are present.

A holographic diagram appeared in front of Allura, all representing the colors of the lions that took in the form of their breastplate. Lines came from each plate, colliding in the middle to go up towards the purple diagram. The roars of the lions echoed through the walls of the castle. It was so loud that we could feel the ground shake beneath us.

Allura and Coran let out a sigh of relief and cheer until the alarm started to beep once again. It was the incoming battleship. "Oh, quiznak," Coran muttered as the ship appeared on our screen.

"Sendak is entering the Arusian atmosphere. We need Voltron, now!" Allura called out. The roar of one lion bounced off the walls, shaking the ground once again. "Coran, what's the status of the particle barrier?"

"It's at full percent as of this moment, but if we get hit, I don't know how long it will last," Coran replied.

Suddenly, a beam of purple light headed towards us in a blink, making the entire castle shake abruptly. I held on to the closest thing near me as the power of the beam was too strong against the shield. Smoke and flames engulfed around barrier as soon as it struck. I ran over to the control panel, seeing that the levels are going down. "Allura, Coran wasn't kidding when he said our defense levels would go down. It looks like we can only sustain two more hits before the barrier disappears completely and the castle will be defenseless."

Allura gritted her teeth as she looked ahead. "I can cover you with the castle's defenses for a while, but you have to hurry and form Voltron, or we'll all be destroyed!" She pleaded as the Galra started shooting at us. The ground shook with every blast aimed at us.

Another ION blast aimed at the particle barrier, causing it to glitch for a few seconds. It was as if the barrier was going to fall apart anytime soon. "Is there any way we can boost the castle's shield?" I turn to look at Allura. She was deep in thought as her eyes focused on the battle unfolding in front of her.