The Apology

15

Pidge and I continued to talk while waiting for the others to come back to the lions so we could get back to the castle. I confessed to her that I had already spoken to Allura about these 'feels' that I was getting, and Pidge flipped. She doesn't like it when she isn't the first person that I tell these things like about my 'secret mission' back on earth. Despite Pidge being all angry and pouty about it, we're always on good terms shortly after.

By the time we wrapped up our conversation, the others had appeared. Allura came straight to me first, asking if I was alright. I nodded my head and assured her that I would get over what had happened. As for Keith, he didn't come up to me, and neither did I. All we did was exchanged glances and looked away from each other.

Seeing Keith again made my frustration come up back, but it hurt having to stay mad at him. I wanted to make up with him, knowing that we were both childish, but a good chunk of my pride refused to give in. So I ended up taking a ride with Pidge back to the castle in the Green Lion.

When we got back to the castle, Princess Allura came up to me and told me she wanted to throw a party with the Arusians, seeing that this was going to be the last night we would be here on Arus. Since this would be a formal event, Allura had dragged me to her quarters so I could pick out a dress from her wardrobe.

"I think this is too much," I told the princess. "Why can't I just wear the suit you gave me?"

"Wouldn't it be nice to wear something fancy? This is a formal event, and you as a female should set yourself apart from the Paladins," Allura chimed, but I had a feeling that she was making an excuse so she could dress me up. "I've always wanted a little sister, so this would be a perfect opportunity!"

I rolled my eyes, seeing that this was no surprise, "Okay, fine, but just this once!" I wasn't the kind of girl who liked spending a lot of time picking out dresses. It reminded me of back home with my mom when she would always take me dress shopping, even for non-occasions. I didn't mind it of course, but it was, and I would rather spend most of my days outside.

The first dress was blue, sleeveless with beads, and lots of it. It was too glittery for my taste. "Do you have something with a little less - bling?" I looked at the princess as I held the dress by its hanger.

"But glitter is nice! Plus the detail on the beading is just - wow," Allura gushed as she took the dress from me.

"Then why don't you wear it?" I asked.

"I already picked out my own," She said as she turned from me, putting back the dress in the wardrobe. "Here, what about this one? It's a little less bedazzle, but I think you might like this one." Allura brings out a black, A-line dress with cuffed sleeves. It had some details of the beads, but it wasn't overwhelming like the first dress, but the bottom half was too poofy. It resembled a feather duster to me.

"A little too poofy at the bottom," I replied.

The princess pursed her lips as she went back into her wardrobe to look for another dress. "This one is a little form fitting, but you might like this better than the others." Allura pulls out a laced ivory-colored dress. It was fitting as she had described it and I could see that its neckline was off-shoulder.

"Let me try that one," I said as I walked towards the dress. I took the hanger from Allura, placing it in front of me. "This one looks nice. I like it."

"Then go try it on!" Allura took my shoulders and turned me around, pushing me towards a three-paneled divider to change.

I changed out of my clothes and slipped into the dress. "I might need some help zipping up the back, Allura," I called out. Without hesitation, the princess came to zip up the dress from behind.