The Revenge

123

~Athena~

After leaving Keith, I climbed up the rocky trail up the volcano. I kind of regret having not argued my way to stay with Keith, but he made a good point in me being up here so I could have a better view of what was going on.

As soon as I reached the top, my eyes caught a set of rugged boots. I looked up to see a masked pirate. "It's nice to see you again, Athalia," the figure said with a scoff. I couldn't recognize the voice with all of the distortions. It sounded like three different voice speaking all at the same time.

Before I could even say anything, the person grabbed my internal suit, lifting me off from the rocks that I was holding on to. I was met face to face with the masked pirate, seeing eye-to-eye with them.

"Who are you?" I asked as I reached out for hands to release myself from their grip.

"Where is Keith?" The pirate inquired.

"You didn't answer my question," I retorted. "Who are you?"

The space pirate let out a chuckle before abruptly chucking me off to the side. Without my armor, I hit the ground pretty hard. "You really want to know who I am, don't you? I can't believe you can't remember me."

I laid flat on my stomach as I looked up at the figure who was walking towards me. As they were making their approach, they took off their mask, revealing their identity.

My jaw slightly dropped in surprise. The memory of the explosion on their ship way back recurred in my mind. Keith, Acxa and I were able to make it out of the ship while the rest of the Paladins shot the explosives from the outside. At this point, I thought they would be dead, but I was wrong.

"Zethrid, we don't need to do this again," I say as I gritted my teeth. "Please, let's just put everything that we had against each other in the past."

"I want to know where Keith is," Zethrid growled. "I want to make sure he has a piece of my mind for taking Ezor away from me."

"Keith did not take her away from you."

"He did!" Zethrid yelled, gritting her teeth. "That explosion killed Ezor and left me with this permanent burn." Zethrid pointed at her face that was severely burnt.

"I'm sorry that things happened the way that it did," I replied, genuinely feeling bad for what had happened on that ship. It was never our intention, but we had no choice. It was the only way we were going to get out of there without Ezor and Zethrid killing us. "I'm sorry about what had happened to Ezor. She was a good friend to me when we worked together."

"You call her a friend, but you betrayed her. You betrayed all of us," Zethrid snarled.

"That's not true!" I interjected as I struggled to get up to my knees. "I was separated from the group during that attack from the Galra, and that was when the Paladins found me. That was when I started to see the truth of Lotor's ways, and I had to stand true with that I believed in----"

"Enough! I'm tired of listening to your excuses, Athalia," Zethrid blurted out as she came towards me, picking me up from the ground by my neck. "No matter what you say to me, there's no way to convince me that you were ever on our side. It's because of you that Ezor left me." I held onto her grip, trying to get Zethrid to release me.

Suddenly, Zethrid had this mischievous grin on her face. "You know what? I can use you to lure Keith."

I struggled to shake my head. "N-no..." Without any warning, a heavy force struck me in the stomach. "Ugh..."