The Wedding Bells

❈❈❈

A/N: We've finally reached the last chapter of Loving You to the Stars and Back. I'm actually so sad that this book has finally ended, but I'm also feeling relieved that it did eventually! I never really finish my stories, so this is my very first! Thank you all for supporting this story and hung out for the ride. This was meant to be the epilogue, but I decided to make it end on an even number hehe I hope you all will enjoy!

140

~ 5 Months Later ~

Today is the day.

Today is the day that Athena gets married off to the love of her life, Keith.

Athena inhales deeply to calm her racing heart as she nervously fiddles with the ends of her veil attached to her crown. Oh, how I wish I could be there with her, helping ease Athena's nervousness over the wedding. Romelle was doing some final touches to the bride's hair while Pidge, Acxa, and Zeida were helping each other with their outfits.

"Is the bride ready?" Veronica asks as she peeked into the room. Her hair grew out from the last time I saw it, and she's not wearing her glasses. Perhaps she's wearing contacts.

"In just a few ticks," Romelle says as she reached out for the crown and neatly placed it on Athena's head. Although she was a queen, Athena opted for a smaller and simple crown, embellished with small Balmeran crystals at the front. It suited her. "Perfect! Now you're all set to go, your grace."

Athena turns to her friend, gracing her with a nervous smile. "Thank you for helping me, Romelle."

Romelle looks at the Queen, analyzing the expression that was written all over Athena's face. "What is with that look on your face?" she asks as she peers closer as she stared into Athena's green eyes. "Why do you look nervous all of a sudden? You should be excited! It's your wedding day." I couldn't agree less with what Romelle said. Athena should be happy!

"I know," Athena replied as she turned her head to the mirror, staring back at herself dressed in a beautifully laced gown. I could see it in Athena's eyes that there was something else that was bothering her. In fact, she might have a lot on her mind that was distracting her from being happy.

"Are you nervous that we might be missing something?" Zeida interjects as she overhears Athena's worries. "You've done a lot of coordinating, making sure everything was checked off our lists."

"Or are you worried that you might look like a fool tripping over in your dress?" Acxa chimes in before getting elbowed by Zeida. "I mean, not that you would but it's a possibility." Again, Zeida nudged her harder than the first. "I'm just being honest." Zeida groans, throwing her head back.

Athena shakes her head as she turned around and faced her bridesmaid and Maid of Honor. She took in a deep breath and smiled as she exhaled. "It's hard to explain this feeling that I have," Athena says as she placed her hands over her heart. "The thought of walking down the aisle and seeing Keith at the altar is making my heart race. I'm excited, yet so nervous with what the future holds for us after we get married. Plus, I'm worried that my vows aren't complete yet."

It was cute to see Athena expressing all of these new feelings about marrying Keith. I wouldn't know, but I could tell just by feeling the aura that Athena was giving off. I would be just as nervous as her.

"For the love of Christ, Athena," Pidge rolls her eyes as she let out a groan. "You spent days writing your vows, pouring your heart and soul with every word you wrote down. Besides, Keith will understand how you feel and the promises you'll make to him. As they say, actions speak action than words, so show Keith how much you love him."