The Warzone Pt. 2

A/N: Just letting you guys know that this chapter and the next will be mostly revolving around Zeida, Don't worry, it will get back to the Paladins right after that!

✵✵✵

112

~Zeida~

We stood around the main hangar of the Atlas, waiting for our jets to be recharged. Unlike on the Garrison base, the Atlas had immense power that filled up our engines at a faster rate. It was at least fifteen minutes faster than on Earth!

But while the MFEs were waiting, war raged on from the outside. The Atlas would sustain massive hits that would cause the cruiser to shake and that worried a lot of the personnel who were on board. The alarms that were going off weren't helping either.

"How much longer until our jets are ready?" I asked as I looked over at James.

"It should be another minute or two," he replied as he put on his helmet. "We will need to wait for Commander Shirogane's orders. We can't go flying in there blind." If I were to be honest, having to wait while Voltron and the Atlas were struggling made me feel anxious about what was to come next. I didn't want to waste a second having to wait to know we can go out there to help, but at the same time, it would be too reckless.

"Griffin, what's your team's status?" I hear Shirogane call out to James.

"The MFEs are nearly charged," James replied.

"We need you back in the fight," Shirogane responded with haste. I got myself mentally prepared to rush back to my jet and fly out there to support. "I'm sending you coordinates to where I want you to be and take down those ground base cannons."

"Yes, sir," James replied before he closed off the communication and looked back at us. "Okay, you've heard what Commander Shirogane's orders. Let's go and make this quick." The rest of the team and I nodded our heads as we ran to our respective aircraft.

It was only in a minute that all five MFE jets were up in space, flying into the middle of the warzone to follow Shirogane's command. James sent us the coordinates that Shirogane had sent through, and we followed through, making our way to our destination.

As we were flying over to where we needed to be, a few Galra fighter jets trailed behind us, attempting to shoot us down. Rizavi and Kinkade shot them down in a matter of seconds. They were no match for us.

"Liefsdottir, give us a battle strategy," James called out. Lief was always good with calculative insights and strategies that would give us the upper hand. She is literally the brains of the group, so we all relied on her ability to come up with solutions.

"We attack and destroy the base before it destroys us," Leifsdottir hastily replied. I was taken aback, not expecting the kind of blunt answer from her at all, let alone in her monotone voice.

"Oh...I thought you might have some mathematical advanced insight or something," James replied with a hint of dismay in his voice.

"We have limited options," Lief replied bluntly.

"Well, you've heard Liefsdottir. Let's move!" James commanded as he was the first to dive down heading towards one of the cannons. It was better to have all five MFE fighters to go to one base, so we had some advantage than going on our own.

There were still some Galra fighters around defending the base, but I had a feeling that we would also need someone to infiltrate the station itself. "Guys, we need to infiltrate the base to stop the ground cannon from firing," I mentioned as I took down a fighter ship. "I can disable the controls. I just need a distraction."