The Reintroduction

71

~Athena~

I told everything that I knew about Lotor was up to Keith and the rest of the Blades. I told them about the colony, Romelle and what had happened to her brother, Bandor. Even though it wasn't a lot, it would benefit the group. If anything, it will give them some sort of advantage of Lotor when they face him. Now that I was thinking about it, I had something in mind.

"I know we just met, but I want you to believe me when I say this," I spoke with everyone's eyes on me. "You cannot tell this to Team Voltron with what I just said."

Keith looked at me in wonder, "Why? They should know that, especially when we're trying to catch Lotor. We need to know what he's up to and having them on the same page might leverage our chances to stop him." The only reason why I didn't want the paladins to know was that we only know half of the truth. There has to be more to the story, and we need to figure out what the big picture was.

"We can't let the news spread around. I'm sure the Paladins are trustworthy people, but we need to keep this information to ourselves as of now." I replied, "As soon as we gather more intel, we can start letting them know that Lotor is, indeed a criminal and he needs to be stopped. Right now, we don't have any evidence that he did something wrong."

"She makes a point," Kolivan, the leader of the Blades, defended in my favor. Keith turned to the leader in wonder with his brows knitted close together, "We need to find out Lotor's motives. We still don't know if he has any connection to the new source of quintessence."

"There's a new source?" I asked in disbelief, "How? From what I've heard, the only source that they can find was in Daibazaal."

"It doesn't seem to be the case anymore," Kolivan replied. "We've spotted a few cargo ships transporting new sources of raw quintessence. From what we've gathered, they come from somewhere not known to anyone else in the galaxy except for those in the Galra Empire." But how come I didn't know this? Did Lotor hide this from me too?

"They're up to something. But the only confusion that we're running to is that there have been a few instances where Zarkon and Lotor have butted heads." Hearing Zarkon's name sent chills up my spine, remembering the dark aura that radiated from him the last time I paid a visit to Central Command. "They seem to be fighting for power to take over the Empire. The question is, who is doing what to the other planets."

Everything fell silent as I continued to think about the situation. "I think this is enough intel for now," Kolivan spoke up, breaking the silence. "We've got some updates to let Voltron know about."

"You're going to keep your word, right?" I asked as I looked into the alien's yellow eyes. His stern expression was almost intimidating, but I kept my gaze upon him as he stared straight back.

"Yes, you have my word," Kolivan replied before he walked out of the room.

Keith looked over at me with a worried look on his face, "Why do you have to defend Lotor?"

"Even if he is found guilty of his wrongdoings, he is still my cousin. I don't want to believe only one side of the story to make my decision," I replied. "I know you can understand that. No one should ever be judged based on one story that might not be true."

Keith looked at me for a little while longer but said nothing in response. His eyes looked at me with such gentleness, which made my heart skip a beat. I didn't know why I was feeling this way and it felt awkward.

Then, Keith let out a light chuckle as he turned his head away from me, "Even though you don't remember, you're still the same girl I know."

"What?" His voice was audible, but his words weren't exactly clear. I thought I had misunderstood what he said.