The Entity

128

~Athena~

It had been two days since Allura was found unconscious in the room that had the foreign entity kept away in a container. Up until now, she still hasn't woken up. All I could do since then was worry, and I was sure the others were feeling the same way.

Everyone who I cared for was slowly slipping away at my fingertips. First, it was my biological mother, now this? I didn't want to lose Allura too. And if I do end up losing my sister, who was next? Keith? The Paladins? I couldn't bear thinking of the thought of losing anyone else after my mother's death.

"Athena," a voice called out to me as I sat in a dim lit room that had a large window stretched across one side of the room. All I was doing was watching us pass through another star system with nothing else within our vicinity.

"How did you find me?" I ask without looking back, recognizing the voice to be Keith's.

"Pidge saw you walk in here and she told me," Keith replies as he walked over and stood beside me. "I know you're worried about Allura, especially with everything else that's happening, but there's nothing much we can do at this point."

Hearing that made me furious, but I had to keep my cool. The last thing I wanted to do was lash out at people who were close to me, especially Keith. "There has to be something we can do," I reply without looking at him. "My knowledge of Altean Alchemy is still limited, but maybe I can come up with something to help her."

"If it's something that will cost you your life, I veto that option," Keith replies. "I'm not going to lose you." I looked up at Keith from where I was sitting, seeing the serious look that he had on his face as he looked out the window.

"You're not going to lose me. We never know until we try," I say. "I would rather try something risky and help Allura than let her suffer from this thing."

"Still, I don't want you to be putting yourself in danger," Keith responds, this time, looking at me. His sharp purple eyes stared me down, making me feel this sense of seriousness from him like never before. " I know you want to help Allura. We all do. But we don't know what we're up against so we need to take precautions or else we will have more casualties."

Keith wasn't wrong. It would be fatal if there were more casualties on our side if we're not careful, but there was a part of me that still urged to take action. It gently bit my lower lip as I went back going deep into my thoughts as I looked out through the window. "I just hope we find an answer to all of this."

The sound of the door opening behind us catches my attention, making me turn around to see Lance standing by the door. "Allura has started to show some sign of consciousness," he says in a somber tone. "I think it's best that you're in the room when she wakes up."

✵✵✵✵✵

Lance, Coran and I were all in the medical bay where Allura remained asleep. Earlier, I had requested anyone who was watching over Allura to come to me when she starts showing signs of waking up.

It has been almost an hour since Lance called for me.

I stayed in the room with the other two, hoping that Allura would wake any time soon. From when I arrived, there were times that the princess would be sleeping soundly, but other times, she would be struggling; as if she was running from something. If only I had the same capacity of knowledge about Altean alchemy, maybe I could do something to help.

As I sat beside Allura's beside, she jolted up from the bed, startling the three of us who were waiting patiently. She gasps for air as if she had woken up from a bad dream, calming down as she took notice of me. "Athena?" Then, Allura looked on the other side to see Coran and Lance looking back at her in worry.