The Real Lion Goddess

38

The Paladins came back to the Castle of Lions with the scaultrite lenses that we were looking for, and Shiro demanded to look for the Blade of Mamora's headquarters as soon as we got the lenses. I was surprised that he would command us to go find the rest of the Blades, after what Ulaz had said before he laid his life down on the line for us and for the good of the universe. I didn't question, knowing that Shiro was probably doing it for the best.

We set a course based on Ulaz's coordinates that he had given us and during that time, Allura told the rest of the group about the discovery I had made. I told them about the dream that I had about Zarkon tracking us down, and how he was able to do it. I talked about Haggar and how she had told me about the connection that we had. She was using that connection as well to track us down even if Shiro rebonds with the Black Lion. It was something they needed to be aware of as we search for the Blade of Mamora.

As we followed the coordinates to the Blade of Mamora headquarters, a bright yellow planet covered with swirls of white was seen from a distance. As we were about to pass by, there was strange energy emitting from the planet and for some strange reason, it was resonating with me.

I turn to look over from where I was seated, seeing Allura staring at the planet as well. There was a questioning look on her face as she held her controls tightly, making me wonder if she was feeling the same energy that I was experiencing.

"Paladins," Allura spoke. "I have a funny feeling about this planet we're passing." Everyone took notice of the planet that she was talking about. Coran pulled up on the main screen, zooming in on the planet.

"This is the Planet of Lucis," Coran said as more information filled the screen. "It's known for its powerful light energy. That might be why you're having that feeling, princess."

"I don't think it's just the light source,"Allura replied. "There's something more to it, but I can't quite put a finger on it. We need to investigate."

The more I looked at the planet, the more I was feeling that same energy getting stronger by the tick."Is that want us to do?" Shiro asked Allura as he turned around in his seat, "How urgent is it that we check out than going to the Blade of Mamora?"

Allura was put in the position to pick one over the other, and I could see the struggled look on her face as she thought about it. As much as I knew we needed to go to our allies in a war against Zarkon, there was a part of me that needed to understand why I was getting this vibe from Lucis. It seemed important, and the princess can feel it too.

The princess closed her eyes, letting out a sigh, "I know getting the Blade of Mamora is important to you, but this energy is something I can't shake off. This would be a missed opportunity for us. It might be of help to us."

"We cannot waste time. The battle against Zarkon isn't going to wait for us," Keith interjected with an irritated tone. I looked over to him and saw impatience in his eyes. I realized how much he wanted to see the Blade of Mamora when Shiro asked for us to set a course. He was eager to know his roots and this planet was just in the way of doing so.

"I hate to agree, but Keith is right," Lance defended. "We don't know what lies beneath those clouds and what could be waiting."

"There hasn't been any Galra activity on the planet." Pidge stated as she was scanning the planet's entirety. "I can't seem to detect any signs of life there either."

"Ooh, that sounds kind of creepy... what kind of energy are you feeling from it, Allura?" Hunk asked. I could already tell that Hunk is wanting to avoid going to the planet, but he's trying to put a brave face.