The Promise

99

~Keith~

After escape the hands of Ezor and Zethrid, Acxa lead us to a planet where she had been hiding out for quite some time. Acxa welcomed us into her hideout that was big enough for all of us to sit around with a campfire in the middle.

"Uh, I just looked at the lions, and they are in worse shape than ever," Hunk says as he walks into the cave with firewood in his arms.

"We should probably give them some time to recharge before head back on our way," Shiro suggests.

"Wow, a lot of things changed over the past few weeks," Lance said as he looked around the campfire. As soon as he said that, Acxa had this questioning look on her face as if he was crazy.

"Weeks? What are you talking about?" Acxa asks.

"The last time we saw you. You were fighting us alongside Lotor," Allura responds.

"That was three decapheobs ago," Acxa replied. "No one has seen you since your fight with Lotor." My eyes widened in shock as I started to put things together. That would make sense why Ezor and Zethrid kept questioning us abo0ut our 'disappearing act'.

"That explains it," Athena murmurs under her breath. "That's why they were asking those questions back there."

"But that's impossible," Shiro jumped in.

"It's true," Acxa interjects. "After Lotor had ejected us from his ships, we managed to make it cover on a nearby meteoroid. That was when we saw both Voltron and Lotor disappear. Eventually, Voltron re-emerged --- alone." Acxa stops for a moment before she continued on in her story. "But then, there was an explosion, and after that, nothing. That was three decapheobs ago."

"Whoa."

"So, as far as the universe is concerned, Voltron has been gone for three decapheobs?" Allura asks. As soon as she did, Hunk was left in utter shock, dropping some of the twigs on the ground.

"That would explain the discrepancies in the star charts in our lions," Pidge spoke up as she pulled up a chart from her suit. "I thought it might have been because of our interdimensional jumping, which I guess they were in a way. Because when you think about it, that might have been the cause of the time slippage between our experience and that of the rest of the universe."

"So, how did you end up here? Helping us?" I asked as I looked over at Acxa.

Axca took a deep breath, allowing her shoulders to rise slightly before going down. She looks at the fire before she spoke. "Ezor, Zethrid and I were left on the meteor for days. One day, a Galra battleship came to investigate Lotor's last-known whereabouts. That's when we took it over."

"With Lotor gone, it was clear that there was power vacuum within the Galra Empire," Acxa continued. "Ezor and Zethrid wanted to exploit that for their own gain. But I knew for myself that I had to find my own path." Acxa then looked up at Athena with a small smile on her face, "Since you disappeared, I had to rethink my own action and ask myself why I was still putting my foot forward for Lotor. It's all thanks to you that I was able to think for myself."

"Thank you for saving us," Athena replies, returning a smile.

"I hope it makes up for some of the wrong things I've done in the past," Acxa spoke as she averted her gaze from me. "I realized that Lotor wasn't the man I thought he was. He preached unity, but he only wanted power."

"I understand how you feel," Allura spoke. "I fell for Lotor's lies as well."

"We all did," Lance added on.