The Visit to the Arusians

13

After talking with Princess Allura, I decided to take a breather outside to recollect my thoughts after our discussion.

"You should tell him how you feel." Allura's words echoed in my mind as I turn to a dirt path to start my walk. My heart raced at the thought of telling Keith how I felt. It was out of nervousness and anxiety that my heart beat against my chest.

"What if he doesn't return the feelings and avoids me altogether?" I asked the princess, trying to make excuses not to tell Keith. The look on her face was unreadable, but she was left speechless, not sure how to answer my question. It made my heart drop realizing that having these feelings for Keith isn't easy. We're best friends, and I didn't want to break it because of some measly emotion that was I was going through.

I let out a deep sigh as I continued to walk wherever my feet led me. My mind was filled with thoughts on how I would combat my feelings towards Keith. It was either that I tell him as Allura had suggested, I keep my feelings to myself, or completely bury them and get rid of them entirely.

There was a part of me that wanted to tell Keith so badly, but I was still scared of the unknown consequences of telling him. It might cost the friendship that we have already or make things awkward between us; I didn't want to risk it.

As I was deep in my thoughts, I heard some rustling in one of the bushes. I turn my head in the direction, trying to listen for the sound again. It stopped for a while before the sound occurred again. I turn my head once more, seeing the bush that was shuffling. Curious, I quietly walked towards the bush that had stopped shaking.

I stopped where I was and crouched behind one of the boulders closest to me. I peeked over the edge, seeing a horned creature poking his head out of the bush. The alien looked around its surroundings except for behind him. It jumped out of the bush with a small sword in its hands; it was heading towards the castle.

My immediate reaction was to tell the princess that an intruder was heading towards the castle. Unfortunately, there were no such things as cell phones out here, and I didn't have any sort of communication device to contact Allura. Again, the alien came into my view. I noticed that it was going from one hedge to another, trying to conceal itself as it was making its approach.

I moved from the stone that I was hiding behind and followed the alien so I could get a better look at it. As soon as I got closer, I realize that this creature was less than half my size. In fact, it looked adorable rather than harmful. "Hey, what are you doing?" I called out as I caught the creature making it evident that it was trying to get to the castle's entrance.

The pale creature jumped in its spot, startled that he was caught in the act. It braced itself, holding up his sword. "Attack Klaizap, and you'll regret it!" It claimed as the alien positioned himself ready to fight.

I put my hands up, "Whoa, easy with the sword. I won't cause you harm. I come in peace." The creature held his posture not wanting to back down so quickly. Despite his defensive stance, the alien was so cute! I could pick it up and hug it tightly in my arms like a plush toy.

"How will Klaizap believe you?" The alien asked. To be honest, I wouldn't know how to answer such a question. He should just trust me that I wouldn't hurt him.

"I don't have anything that could hurt you," I said as turned side to side and showing him that my hands were empty. "I only wanted to know why you were approaching this castle." The alien looked at me for a few seconds more before putting down his sword.

"My name is Klaizap, the bravest warrior of my village," Klaizap introduces himself as he uses his points at himself. "I've come seeking answers as to why the Lion Goddess is angered by her followers."