The Infiltration Pt.1

25

A few days passed since we were attacked by the castle and since the rest of the team knew about my past. It felt weird having to wake up the next day knowing that I couldn't avoid them. I told them everything I knew. I told them about the odd dreams that occurred growing up and told them about how I found out about my real parents.

As I was telling them, I was scared that they were going to condemn me for not knowing or for not telling them the truth. They were the opposite. They thought it was cool that I was Altean like Allura. What really struck them, and this included myself, that even after seventeen years, I didn't have Altean features like Allura and Coran. I still looked human.

"Athena!" I hear Allura call me from down the hall.

I turned around and greeted the princess, "Hey Allura, what's up?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" Her blue eyes were filled with curiosity as she walked over, "Why didn't you tell me that you and Keith were together? As in, you're officially dating?" I looked at the princess, wondering how she knew. Keith and I haven't told anyone else about our relationship, so how why it that Allura is asking me?

"Sorry, I don't understand," I replied, wanting to know where she got the news. I usually don't deny the truth, but I wanted to know who had told Allura about my relationship with Keith. "Who said that?"

"The Space Mice!" Allura replied hastily, "Apparently, they saw you and Keith the other day, and they overheard your conversation." Ugh, I should have known! I wouldn't have expected for the mice to have known since they're pretty quiet roaming around the castle, but I should have been more careful.

I let out a deep sigh, knowing I wouldn't be able to win over the conversation with Allura, "I can't deny it."

Allura's jaw dropped as soon as I confirmed her question. Suddenly, she lets out a loud burst of lighthearted laughter as she threw her arms up in the air, "I knew it!" Allura didn't have to scream it out loud! Quickly, I reached over to place my hand over her mouth.

"Shh!" I hissed, "You don't need to announce to the entire universe." Allura giggles in spite of that as I slowly removed my hand from her mouth.

"Sorry, I've been betting on it for a long time now; ever since you all came to Arus! Remember I asked about you two!" I remember the time Allura approached me asking about the kind of relationship we had, "And that time when Keith pulled you away and you two almost kissed."

My cheeks burned as soon as she brought it up. The memory of Keith and I standing in the hallway, him pulling me close and leaning towards me; it made my heart race.

Of course, at the time, I thought nothing of the sort, believing that we would only be friends. I guess seeing each other on a daily basis and frequently getting into situations that cause us to worry about each other, elevated the fact that we cared for one another as more than friends.

"Keith and I haven't decided when we should tell the rest of the group, so I'm hoping you would keep this to yourself." Allura purses her lips as her blue eyes darted at me as if I was being silly.

She lets out a sigh as she placed her hands on her hips, "Okay fine, I won't say a word to the others. Not even a peep."

"Thank you," The air grew awkward as we stood in the hall in silence. There was a need for me to speak up about yesterday's events, knowing that was something that I should probably address, "Allura, about yesterday---"

"I'm sorry," the princess interjects as she looked deep into my eyes, showing her sincerest apology. What was there to apologize for? "I should have asked for consent to tell the others about our relationship as sisters. I went ahead of myself because I felt excited knowing that you were baby Atha." Allura smiles as she reached out for my hands, "All those questions must have overwhelmed you."