The Return of the Robeast

114

~Athena~

Hunk went down from his lion and rushed over Keith who had Shiro on his shoulders. "What is that?" Allura asked in distress as we were all left in awe of the flaming object that was heading for earth.

"Paladins, brace for impact. Hunk, help me with Shiro," Keith commanded as Hunk came over and took Shiro from him. "Whatever it is, we have to be ready to attack."

With a loud thud, the object crashed into the Earth's surface, sending a massive wave of dust in the surrounding area. Once the dust had settled, the rest of us landed our lions on the ground looking at the direction of the crash site where a purple light glowed.

"Hunk, get Shiro back to the Atlas. We'll cover you," Keith commanded as he settled himself inside of the Black Lion.

"Got it," Hunk replied as the Yellow Lion took off into the air, heading back to the Atlas as commanded.

Amidst the dust, the purple sphere faded away and revealed a mecha-like figure down on one knee. My eyes grew as I saw the resemblance that it had of Lotor's Sincline, but a much slimmer version of it. Slowly, it stood up on its feet with part of its armor glowing. Without hesitation, it charged up its hand that was pointed our way and fired blasts mercilessly.

We all dodged the blasts as they came, flying in the air only to be followed by the barrage of attacks. As we were evading all of the attacks, Keith turned his lion around and started countering back.

The Robeast lifted up its weapon and spun it around, blocking the Black Lion's attack. "It's energy spectrum completely deflected our attack!" Allura pointed out as the attacks came back our way.

"Shiro is aboard the Atlas," Hunk reported in. "I'm heading back over."

"Make it quick!" Lance responded as he swooped down and activated his jaw blade. I got my blaster ready to attack the giant Robeast from behind. Each of the lions did the same, heading towards the creature in attempts to land a blow, but each of them was knocked out of the way.

I charged up the blaster, sending a powerful attack from behind, only for the Robeast to deflect it without even looking at my direction. My eyes went wide as I was left in shock, not thinking that it would block my attack from behind. With my very own attack, my lion is knocked out farther from the enemy, causing me to hit the ground.

I groaned, shaken by the attack. I knew I couldn't let that stop me from attempting again. I got the White Lion back on her feet and flew towards the enemy once more. As I was inching closer, Keith headed straight for the mecha. With its two hands clasped together, the Robeast charged up and released a powerful burst heading straight to Keith.

It made a direct impact on the Black Lion, sending Keith flying. "Keith!" I screamed out as I watched him hit the ground. I pushed my levers forward, speeding up towards the giant mecha to stop it from attacking Keith. The others came flying in too, shooting at the enemy just it was about to bring down its weapon on the Black Lion.

"We have you covered, Keith!" Lance called out.

The Black Lion got back on its feet and flew upward to a safe spot. "Does anyone have any idea where this thing came from?!" Hunk asked as he and Lance kept the Robeast down for a few more seconds.

"It reminds me of those Robeasts you fought before, but much stronger," I replied as I remembered all the past fights we had against them. "And it reminds me of the Sincline, Lotor's mecha." As soon as the Yellow and Red Lions released their attack, the giant Robeast attacked back, hitting the Yellow Lion directly.