1. "let it go"

=== PRESENT DAY ===

Breanna Michelle Santana

"BREA, will you please stop taking pictures? I'm trying to work," Kaign snapped at me, not removing his sunken in eyes from the words on the screen of his MacBook.

I rolled over on the bed and started kissing all over his pale face.

"Not now, Brea," he huffed and shooed me away saying,"I'm busy."

Aren't you always, I thought in my head.

"You're no fun," I sassed back and hopped off of the king-sized bed.

I wandered around his neat, minimilstically furnished bedroom and searched for something to occupy myself with.

"Don't go snooping either," he shouted after me when I entered his closet.

"What am I supposed to do, watch you work all day? I'm bored," I vibrated my glossy, plump lips and put my fists to my sides.

"You're a photographer, go photograph something, I don't know but, let me work!" He insisted, the irritation clear in his tone.

"Yes, sir," I mockingly followed his orders. After putting my white Crocs and a cardigan on, I ventured forth outside into the new backyard that Kaign's best friend, Dylan, exterior designed.

Dylan was great, he did it all; cooked, cleaned, and even danced! It was easy to see why he and Kaign were such bros but I wished I could get my boyfriend back.

As I walked along the patio, I started remembering college days when Kaign was the one chasing me. Now, it seems to be the other way around, I have to practically beg for his attention.

 Now, it seems to be the other way around, I have to practically beg for his attention

It was early Spring in Miami, the weather was in the high seventies at noon. The birds were chirping, butterflies fluttering about, and the Floridian sun was shining down brightly on it's eccentric melting pot of citizens. Miami was cute but didn't have anything on the organic serenity of Oregon, my home. Oh, how I missed it.

My eyes lit up in awe as I toured the backyard as if seeing it for the first time.

Dylan did a great job, I thought, snapping some pictures along the way. I'm sure it looks better at night! Not that I'd know, it's not like my boyfriend ever wants my company.

I sniffled and kicked a pebble into the freshly cut grass.

A sigh escaped my mouth as I flipped through the photos on my Canon 70D. Stopping for a moment, I glanced down at the promise ring on my finger that had been placed there a year ago (give or take). While it's beauty was still evident, it seemed like the motives behind it faded. I began to wonder if Kaign even loved me anymore and if wanted to be with me forever, as promised.