35. "you made me"

Grayson Reid Jansen

"Good practice, boys. No practice tomorrow-"

"Yeah, because Coach Jansen will be hungover." LJ cackled from behind my back, making all my players laugh and snicker.

I cut my eyes at my immature friend and then cleared my scratchy throat.
"Again, thank our special visitors; LJ, Andrew, and Jordy. Don't forget to WASH your jerseys, and be safe this weekend!" I then blew my whistle, assembling the players in a huddle surrounding me. They did their closing chant and broke apart, running across the field to hit the locker room.

Mugging the shit out of Jordy, I swung the bag of balls over my shoulder and made my way across the field myself, the three of my friends following close behind.

At my truck, I slammed the trunk shut and continued glaring at Jordy.

LJ laughed and said,"I can't take this. First to five wins." He suggested we play a game like we did in college, kind of like slap-boxing but with punching instead so, regular boxing?

"No, he always wins! And besides, he's not really that mad. A-are you?" Jordy objected, throwing his arms in the air.

"You made me say 'I love you'!" I seethed.

"No I didn't, I prompted you to tell the truth about you cheating-"

"WHICH MADE ME SAY I LOVE YOU!"

"Boys, boys. Settle down." LJ got in between us.

"I'm not even mad at you, Jordy." I shocked them.

"You're not?" All three of them chorused. I shook my head and leaned on the Jeep.

"No. Oh, God no. Gray, don't tell me you really love this bitch." LJ slapped my cheeks repeatedly, thinking I'll snap out of a trance or something.

I shooed his hands away and stood upright. "Watch your mouth. And, so what if I do?"

"If you did, you wouldn't have cheated." Jordy mumbled, making my cock my head at him.

"He has one more time. One more or I swear to God, I'll fuck him up." I raged, talking to LJ though who pushed Jordy out of my face.

"It has been a few years, right? I mean, she was like, your side piece since freshman year." Andrew added his two cents.

He had a point there, except she was NOT my side piece, everyone else was.

"Bro, you only twenty-three, if you settle down now you might as well put a chastity belt on. The 'L' word? I mean, what's next, you gonna get your name tatted? Oh yeah, right across your forehead."

"L, I know you get tired of all the running around. We're twenty-three, not sixteen."

LJ dramatically gasped and held his hand to where his heart is. "I can't believe the words that're coming out of your mouth right now. You think you're better than me because you have a girl that you cheated on with someone your mom's age?"

I laughed and pushed him in his chest. "She's not that old and no, I don't think I'm better than anyone here but Jordy,"I said but wasn't serious. Jordy kicked a rock and laughed under his breath. I continued,"I just like Brea and I don't see why I can't be serious about her without you calling me whipped."

"Eww, he's gone soft." LJ pretended to be disgusted and poked his finger in my bicep.

"Alright, alright." I had to shove him away from my body again.

======

"—Hey babe. So, I'm in the store and you know, this would've been a lot easier if you just came for me." I spoke to Brea on the phone after dropping the boys back at my place.