64. "one toxic relationship"

3rd person narrator

    It's April. Around three months, give or take after the supposed ending of Grayson and Brea's "bet".

Chandler and Angie had sent out their final wedding invitations.
As Brea gets one in the mail, she places it atop her suitcase and zips it as it's the last one.

She continues to clean the room and erase any evidence of her having lived there as she plans on leaving soon.

Left on her laptop, one purchased ticket to Greece. And not a round trip...

Because she had given up photography and hadn't yet landed another job, Brea decided she'd do something she never got the chance to do. Growing up, she always wanted to travel, that was her main thing. Even though she was a photographer who could've traveled the world snapping serene shots, she stayed local and put her dreams on hold. Now, though, nothing - and no one - was holding her back.

Her bedroom: completely empty. You wouldn't even know someone was staying there if it weren't for the suitcases on the bed and spare clothes left hanging in the closet.

She showers like she did everyday. Each time, overcome with a different feeling. This time, though, her eyelashes batted slower and she lingered on the feeling of the lathered loofa against her skin, appearing to be in deep thought and wallowing in self-pity.

...

Regret is a feeling Grayson and Breanna both embody as they realize time is not on their side.

As hard as Grayson's working on himself to win her back, she's working even harder to get to the bottom of what's been holding her back from love all her life and to finally get in touch with herself so she can discover what it is, or who, her heart truly wants.

...

Grayson, with the help of his naive ex girlfriend - Leila, moves into the house he built after getting all the amenities and paperwork in order with ease.
While Leila wasn't moving in for obvious reasons, Grayson had another roommate: Alfie. Alfie had been given back to Grayson after Brea left Oregon for the last time. She figured Grayson would be more responsible as she "wasn't in the right headspace" and Kaign didn't want pets in his plush home.

...

As per normal for construction workers, Grayson had been laid off. Instead of sitting around and wasting away, Grayson used his time to bond with his niece, visit his mother's grave more frequently, quit smoking weed and tobacco (temporarily, anyway), help Colson with his soccer during the off-season, and talk more with the psychologist his dad recommended whenever he felt as if he was "malfunctioning on autopilot" again.
What he did not do, was pick up random women and sleep with them knowing it would lead to one catching feelings he didn't reciprocate, thus leading to another one-sided relationship destined for doom.
Lessons learned, but he didn't think he was worthy of redemption just yet, if ever. He had nothing to show for his changed behavior as the only person who mattered and would care, is Brea who he had no idea how she even felt about him at that point.

...

Brea boards the plane, with her two guy friends who're accompanying her to assure her health and well-being.
She takes the window seat where she sighs heavily, easing her forehead onto the cold glass as she stares blankly at the clouds once they ascend.