5. "good taste"

Grayson Reid Jansen

     "Gray, you comin', we going to get drinks," Rob asked me as we headed towards our vehicles at the end of the day.

"Naw, I can't, got some dinner thing," I let him know.

He and a few other guys groaned at me.

"Next time," I lied through my teeth. I always put them off. See, they went out like everyday and that just wasn't me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed a cold beer or some dark liquor but not everyday especially because I saw what it did to a lot of the guys - their failing marriages, addiction, and accidents that could've been prevented had they not shown up to work hungover.

"Yeah, yeah," Nelson shooed me off before I dapped him and my other associates up.

Finally, I sat in the seat of my white 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee and exhaled deeply.

3:37 PM

Two words: long day. And the joke is, it wasn't close to being over.

From work, I went to SubWay because I was craving it after not eating it in months.

"Thank you," I said to the cashier and left a tip.

I was sitting in the driver's seat, ready to eat the sub before hitting the road again when I was hit with a sudden memory.

======

"— I do have good taste. I like you, don't I," Brea giggled. Her smile and girlish laugh was infectious, she was innocently adorable at the same time she was beautiful and sexy.

"Cute," I said shortly, holding her waist.

"What can I get for you," asked the younger employee behind the counter.

"Hi, can I get-" I started to order but Brea pushed me away.

"I got this," she said confidently.

Curious, I let her order for the both of us but she didn't let me watch or listen.

Not too long later, we were back in her dorm ready to eat our highly anticipated lunch.

"If it's nasty-"

"It won't be, shut up," she demanded with a straight face as she unwrapped the footlongs. I had to laugh, she was unintentionally funny.

"But if it is," I suggested again, folding my arms across my chest.

She twisted her mouth and thought for a second. "Okay," she said,"if you like it, which you will, you have to give me this bracelet," and pointed to the rubber accessory on my left wrist.

"I haven't taken this off since I was eleven," I told her, hoping she'd change her mind but she didn't seem to care.

"Does it mean something to you?"

"No, I just got it at career day, I liked the color," I admitted and chuckled shortly. Brea tilted her head at me. "Fine," I gave in,"you can get the bracelet, but if I don't like it?"

She laughed and then had this look like in her eyes like she got an idea. Excusing herself, Brea jumped up and rushed to the desk in the corner of the small bedroom where she wrote something down on sticky pads.

I watched intently as she came back to me and sat on her knees in between my legs.

She was just sitting there, scribbling childishly, and still, I thought she was the prettiest girl I ever laid eyes on. My hands glided over her smooth, peach skin and sneakily palmed her perfectly round ass. She let me pull her onto my lap and I started kissing her jawline, neck, and collarbone until she giggled and pushed me off.

"Here," she handed me the sticky pads and bit down on her full, glossy lower lip.

"What's this," I asked, squinting my eyes to read it.

"You should really start wearing your glasses," she nagged me so I playfully mushed her face away. Brea grabbed my hand and then bit me which she found hilarious, I didn't mind as it didn't hurt and I was too busy reading to care. She curled up under me and waited for my reaction to the notes she gave me.

Finally, I read all 4 notes, — or, coupons, I mean— which said the same thing on each, and laughed.

1 *FREE* BLOWJOB
good at anytime of your choice!

"Why are you so funny," I squeezed her in my arms, grinning at her.

She shrugged and answered,"I dunno, bro," as she crawled forward to grab the sandwiches.

I kicked her for calling me "bro" and made us both laugh. She smacked her lips and then sat across from me with her legs crossed Indian style like she was a little kid.

"Okay, here. Try it, for real, and don't lie," she told me in all seriousness.

Without thinking or asking any questions, I took a bite of the sandwich.

...

Turns out, I was allergic to an ingredient. Not to worry, though, I didn't almost die, I just had cold-like symptoms and a red face.

Brea and I got in her car and were quiet until we reached a red light. We kept doing that eye game, looking at each other and looking away. She vibrated her lips and patted the steering wheel.

"Soooooooo, I guess you didn't like it, huh?" She spoke and we immediately bursted out laughing.

======

I snapped out of my thoughts and lazily bit into the turkey sub, staring into the distance...

======

"Hey coach," Colson shot me a head nod as I walked into the high school.

"Sup," I walked towards him with my hand out for him to slap.

"Mr.Jansen," Paul Joseph, the AD (athletic director) called out my name.

"Yeah," Colson and I asked in unison. I side-eyed him then pushed his teenage body out of the way.

"How are ya," he didn't give me a chance to answer before continuing to speak,"team pictures on Monday, don't forget. The football pictures turned out great, I just don't wanna ask the yearbook people again because they're so incompetent."

I nodded and let him finish before I walked into the boy's locker room to change clothes.

My assistant coaches were talking my ear off, as I sat on top of my desk waiting for five o'clock to strike, when I got a notification from Twitter. As I scrolled, I saw a list of suggested people to follow.

Brea 🌙
@itsbreasantana

Would ya look at that, I thought. I swear the government be listening!

Naturally, I clicked on her profile and lost myself in her selfies. I saw that she was still into photography. Then it clicked, Chandler said she'd be in town soon so, I got an idea.

A sneaky grin crawled onto my face as I pushed the locker room doors open and looked for Paul. "Oh, Joseph! I found a photographer for you," I chimed gladly.