53. "he's not gonna save you"

=== FLASHBACK ===

Breanna Michelle Santana

"Group one presentations tomorrow, don't forget!" My professor yelled as the class shuffled through the doors.

As soon as I rounded the corner, I was snatched up and pulled in the opposite direction.

Before I could protest, someone's lips crashed into mine.

"Grayson," I exhaled with a lustful smile on my face.

"Were you expecting someone else?" He tittered, his neck cocked.

"No," I claimed, taking his hand,"in all fairness, I wasn't expecting that at all."

"Good."

A trio of boys came up behind Grayson and roughed him up playfully. I shyly stepped away so it wouldn't look like we were doing anything but I'm sure they saw anyway.

Grayson greeted his best friends and teammates with hand slaps and a beating grin. "What's up?" He asked in his casual voice.

While they endured small talk I just snuck a few peeks up at Grayson with lustful eyes. He was so dreamy, I always found myself staring at him lazily.

The chatter suddenly stopped and they all shot their eyes in my direction. Snapping out of it, I stepped back and laughed it off.

"Anyway, bro, we'll get back wit' you." LJ said to Gray before they dapped each other up again and left us alone.

I scrunched my rosy nose and started to walk out of the building with my hand in his.

It was a nice day; a sunny sixty degrees, birds chirping, squirrels terrorizing campus per usual.

"How'd you do on your test?" Asked Grayson as he tilted his head back and shoveled Lay's original chips into his mouth.

I breathed out after shrugging,"I barely studied, I was up all night editing these pictures and-"

"I told you about that; you need to study, Brea, for real. And you're still not sleeping, are you taking the melatonin?"

I shook my head.

"Your doctor said you should take it. You don't listen." Grayson scowled, walking off the sidewalk to throw his plastic bag away.

My eyes rolled as he rejoined me. "Can you let me finish?" To answer my question, he nodded stiffly.

"—I got an 'A'." I looked up into his eyes once I finished speaking and concealed my excitement until I saw his reaction.

He grinned ear-to-ear and lowly said,"Good girl." Pulling me in for a hug, Grayson kissed the top of my head.

We wound up on the bleachers in the stadium where the cheerleaders were doing whatever it is that they did but outside for some reason.

I saw how they watched as we settled down and the way they started snickering, giggling, and staring up at us — err, him, rather. Ignoring it, though, I rested back against the bleachers as Grayson eased between my legs.