7. "just like that"

Breanna Michelle Santana

  Everything seemed to be in order for the stay at my dad's. Although, I was considering staying longer than originally planned since my breakup - I just needed to find an apartment over there first.
Kaign was right, I repeat, there's nothing for me in Miami.

I let out a breath and closed my last suitcase before plopping down on my bed.

I laid there and thought about how the breakup hadn't taken an emotional toll on me yet it kind of changed my life. Sounds dramatic, I know, but there'd be no more waiting on him. For the first time in what seems like forever, I was single - not that it meant anything as no one wanted me anyway, but I just had to put myself out there.

"Hello," I answered my dad's call as soon as the phone rang.

"Hey, bud, you ready?" Asked my dad. I yawned and nodded my head like he could see me.

"Yeah, dad," I rubbed my eyes,"you don't have to be up, get some sleep."

"I just can't believe you cancelled your flight," he also yawned.

"I wanted to drive, dad. You know, do some exploring, take some pics," I told him.
I rolled over to lie on my stomach and glance at the camera that was on the stand next to my bare queen-sized bed.

"Alright, but you better call me if you need anything, that's a long drive," he stated nervously but I immediately told him that I could manage.

After saying our "love yous" and "see you laters", the call ended and I scanned the room. It was completely packed. All I had left to do was give the key to the landlord and be on my way.

As I neared the door, I kicked a cardboard box out of the way and reached for the doorknob when my eyes noticed the bracelet on my left wrist. I toyed with it and caught myself smiling, reminiscing...

======

"—All men cheat, it's in their nature," Nicole spat as her, myself, and our other friend named Ella, walked along the sidewalks on campus after our class of the day.

"Uh-uh," I sounded with my lips closed, smiling,"not mine." I shot my eyes over to Grayson who locked his sight on me and bit down on his lower lip. Subtly, I waved and felt my cheeks start to burn bright red.

"She's so sprung," Nicole smacked her thick, glossy lips.

"I would be, too, look at him," Ella confessed, staring at Grayson as he approached us.

I wasn't even mad at her comment, she was right, he was sexy, hot, beautiful, and fine. He was perfect.

Without even saying a word, Grayson scooped me up and spun me around.

When I was placed back onto the pavement, dizzy, he tucked the strands of hair that had fallen in my face, behind my ear and then palmed the sides of my head before placing a kiss on top of it.

"I missed you," he smiled down at me and locked his fingers with mine.

"I missed you, too," I cooed, puckering my lips for him to kiss and he did for too long but I wasn't complaining.