38. "Sorry i slapped you"

Breanna Michelle Santana

"Why're you looking at me like that?" Grayson asked, chuckling as he playfully mushed my head away.

"You're kinda... sexy." I gushed, kissing Grayson's face all over while he drove. I liked the way he drove - so cool, so smooth - and looked sexy doing it.

"You are! I'm sorry for being such a bitch." I tried apologizing.

Grayson turned his neck and looked at me. "Nah, you haven't been-" we shared a look and then he said,"well maybe a little bitchy," he laughed and then finished with,"but I can handle it."

Yes you can, I thought in my head, wetting my top lip slowly with my tongue.

I was just about ready to suck the life out of him when I remembered he didn't exactly deserve that no matter how nice he was, he was nice to her.

Randomly, my phone rang.

Dad🙄

"You should answer it." Grayson told me, kissing the back of my hand.

As much as I didn't want to, I answered the call.

"Hey." I let him speak first.

"Hi, dad."

"It's been a while." He let out.

"We don't have to do the small talk thing, dad. How are you, what do you want?"

"A truce. I miss you, bud."

"I miss you, too. How's Angie?"

"That's what I wanted to talk about-"

"Of course." I exhaled, beating my cranium against the head restraint.

"How about you come home for Thanksgiving, like old times?"

I looked at Grayson and waited for him to help me out. "We're not doing anything." He said which earned him a mean mug from me.

"Sure." I reluctantly breathed out to my father.

"Thank you. She's excited to finally meet."

I clicked the button on the side of my iPhone to lock it, throwing it down onto my lap. Exhaling, I sat back and sighed,"Oh, goodie."

======

Flash forward to the fourth Thursday of November, Thanksgiving, we're pulling up at the house after leaving German's house to be with Grayson's family first.

I was beyond the point of trying to figure out what Grayson was busy doing on his phone, prying was tiring and made me crazy. And I was not about to be that "crazy" girlfriend.

"It would be nice if you could put your fucking phone down for two seconds. If you didn't want to come then you should've said that." I spazzed. I threw him the keys and went on to say,"Here. Take the keys, just go."

I got out of my car and clicked my heels down the sidewalk to carry me up the stairs where I knocked on the front door.

A minute later, my father let me inside, a glass of what I assume was wine, in his hand.