18. "nice to meet you"

Breanna Michelle Santana

     To catch you up, Grayson had asked me to be his fake girlfriend. By fake I mean because it's just a bet, or challenge.

This is the same Grayson that let me go instead of fighting for me in college. My main thing was: where was this energy when I wanted him?

I had no idea how to feel about the whole ordeal but I agreed anyway. Stupid. After all, what really was the worse that could happen? We fall in love? Ooh, scary. Note the sarcasm.

To be honest, I had been trying my hardest to stay away and not go back to how things used to be with Grayson. I didn't wanna be that girl who made herself available at all times. He was just so irresistible, though! Let's face it, I was telling the truth when I said he was perfect, it was no exaggeration. I mean, he's kind, caring, a family man, goal-oriented, honest, and had way more to offer than just good dick. I'm talking really good, too. Like, the kind that'll make you want to trap him and get you pregnant because it'll be YOUR honor to have his baby(ies).

His only flaw: how brutally honest he was. In addition, he was also really fucking horny. I never worried about his male hormones leading to infidelity though because of how trustworthy he was. His whole thing was honesty. That, and communication. How mad can you really be at someone for telling the truth, you know?
He wasn't the type of guy to cheat. In fact, he was the type of guy to sit you down and say "I'm interested in someone else, I rather break up than cheat". Because you respect him so much, you'll allow a break so he can get it out of his system. And when he's ready, you'll take him back because you think you'd prefer that over cheating.
So, it was never him I was worried about. It was the tons of women after him. I didn't blame them, he was an absolute dream and in this day and age, it's hard to find a good man, especially one as good — or better — than Grayson Reid Jansen.

"Brea," Grayson waved his hand in my face,"what're you thinking about?"

I responded fast. "Gray, you think this will work?"

"You want me to be honest?" He removed his hand from my thigh.

"No, lie to me." He tilted his head at my sarcastic response. I let out a sigh and began to pout just as I was consumed in arms, not minding the light layer of sweat on them.

"Alright," he breathed in,"I don't know."

"That didn't help. You always have the answer."

"Not this time. I don't even know what I'm going to eat tomorrow. I can't tell the future but I know I see you in it and I know that means I have to do everything in my power to make sure of that."

"Ugh. Not you being sweet." I pushed away and made Grayson laugh. I went on to say,"Seriously though, we tried this before and I don't wanna engage in this little challenge just to end up hurt. Again."

"I guess I never apologized for that, huh?" The bottom corners of his mouth pulled into a frown, exposing his healthy lower gums.

"No you did not." I sassed, unhappy about it.

Grayson took my hand, kissed the back of it, and said sorry. "—For everything."

My cheeks started to blush and I fluttered my eyelash extensions. "Okay, lover boy."

Right as our lips were about to touch, the sound of a car door slamming interrupted us.

"It's just my sister." Grayson let me know, pulling away from my body. He stood up tall and removed his tool belt.

"What? I don't wanna meet your sister right now!" I objected in a loud whisper.

"Relax." Was all Grayson said before jumping down from the platform while I stayed up there and paced frantically.