58. "you need help"

A/N:

Welcome to the additional (bonus) chapters of Just Like That. These are parts that I should have added in the original draft, only I'm lazy. In case you missed my announcement, I expressed how I had a crazy case of writer's block when I first wrote this story. I rushed it and wanted nothing more than to be finished already! However I loveeeee this story and it's characters! I miss Grayson and Brea so much I made a spin-off (or two!)
When/if you read this you probably hate(d) Grayson. I threw in the bit that he changed and glazed over his growth (again, because I had writer's block and rushed the ending) but I feel it's only right to address his development. This won't change the overall outcome (ending) of the story or anything before these parts! Sorry I didn't do this to begin with. I'll do better as a writer! But I also never expected this story to get over 1,000 views so..

Lol anyway thanks so much. Enjoy! Let me know if this changes how you look at Gray, or not.

Bear with me as I edit every chapter title/number and publish these next few parts!

Thanks for your patience and support. Much love & happy reading!

~Natasha Carmen

****

Grayson Reid Jansen

A-choo! I sneezed walking into Dad's after leaving Leila.

"Bless you," Holland laughed.

I quietly said "thank you" back and made my way to the dinner table.

"Who the Hell is this," I asked when I saw some lady sitting in the seat Mom used to occupy.

Dad looked at me with large eyes.

"Grayson!" Holland whisper-yelled, offended as everyone else at the decorative table.

"Judy, I am so sorry for my Son-" Dad started to apologize to her on my behalf but she stopped him sweetly.

"No, no, it's okay. I understand it's not easy seeing another woman in your mother's old chair but I can assure you, I'm only a guest for the night. Your father invited me, we're old friends." This Judy woman spoke. She was older than them, her voice shaky like her wrinkled hands.

"Holland, Mark, Colson, Gray, this is Judy. She's a psychologist. We've been talking since your mother passed. Honestly, Judy, you've helped me so much. I couldn't imagine getting through this without you." They rubbed hands and shared small smiles while their eyes remained locked on each other's.

Judy swallowed and redirected her attention to my sister. "Holland," she talked. "how are you, it's been forever?" I looked around, curiously wondering how they knew each other now.

"Oh. Dr.West was my shrink when I was in high school and going through my phase," Holland explained, getting support from Mark who stuffed his face with steak.

"You had a phase in high school?" Colson asked with a mouthful of mashed potatoes.

"I wouldn't call it a phase," I grumbled, not thinking anyone would catch what I said.

"Fuck you, Grayson! I was depressed-"

"It just never made sense to me; we grew up the same way so what happened so bad to make you depressed, Holly?"

She scoffed. "What's so fucked up in your life that makes you cry over Brea every day?"

"That's enough!" Dad put his foot down, silencing the room.