20. "I like you"

Grayson Reid Jansen

    It was the day before my sister's wedding. The whole family was ripping and running trying to make sure everything went smoothly for tomorrow. More than ever, the pressure was on me. My mother had been on my ass even harder than before about making sure I took Brea and showed her a good time. To be fair, I was ready to take her because I didn't think much of it, it was just a wedding. However, I knew how women got at weddings. They start getting ideas about their own wedding and then they'll start dropping hints. Brea wasn't like that, though. Erm, I sure hoped not.

"Babe! Come on, we're gonna be late. You're taking for-" I rushed Brea downstairs but stopped myself when I saw her emerge from the bedroom. I finished my sentence,"-ever," and then dropped my jaw. She left me speechless. That body. Those eyes. Those lips!

Eventually I closed my mouth

Eventually I closed my mouth. "You know you're not supposed to look better than the bride, right?" I complimented her as she descended the staircase in her father's house.

He turned the corner so he was no longer standing behind her. "Take a picture, son, it'll last last longer." Chandler said, earning a weird look from Brea.

I snapped out of the trance she put me in and greeted her at the end of the stairs.

"It's not too much, you think?" Asked Brea, looking down at her outfit.

"Are you kidding? You're beautiful." I told her. She started to blush and gave me a kiss.

"Alright, alright. Get outta here before I have to kick your ass." Chandler joked with us, not wanting to witness our PDA. Brea and I laughed at him.
She then gave her dad a hug before grabbing her purse and wishing him a goodnight.

"You got your key," he asked her to which she answered with a nod.

Once we all said our good byes and good nights, I led Brea out of the house and into my Grand Cherokee.

...

"'Son', huh?" Brea cut her eyes at me as she applied lipgloss in the car sun visor.

"You caught that? Yeah, he says it a lot. You think it's weird?"

She hunched her shoulders, putting the visor away. "He really likes you. I think he's just excited to see me with someone other than Kaign." What she said make sense but I couldn't concentrate on anything other than the ring she still wore on her finger. The ring that he gave her around this time last year.

Let's try to have a drama free night. It's for your sister.

I remembered my mom's words. Swallowing my pride, I fought the urge to address the situation but I definitely wouldn't forget it.