21. "I'm moving out"

Breanna Michelle Santana

"—Thanks for tonight. I'll see you tomorrow." I concluded my kiss with Grayson.

"You sure you wanna go in there, they might still be going at it?" Grayson laughed.

I reached for the handle while fake laughing at what he said. "I'm sure, good night." I kissed him one last time and tried getting out but he pulled me back and I expected nothing less though I'm sure he expected something more.

"I could come up and keep you company-"

"We had a deal, remember? I got it in writing. Good night, Grayson."

"No, 'love you'?"

I rolled my eyes and hopped out finally. "You wish."

After that, I slammed the door shut and waved to him before turning to walk up the stairs leading to the front door.

======

At around nine o'clock, my body naturally woke up. First, I yawned and rubbed my tired eyes open.

The smell of bacon drew me to the kitchen where my dad was laughing and carrying on with some woman in a silk dress that went to a little above her knee caps.

I didn't say anything. Only mean mugged them and yanked the refrigerator open to retrieve the bottle of Sunny D.

"Good morning, Brea. I didn't know you were here, I didn't hear you come in last night," my dad began to ramble nervously,"This is my friend, Angie."

"It's nice to meet you, Brea, your father's told me so much about you." She made sure to make eye contact and smile at me but I wasn't buying it.

With a straight face, I looked back and forth from them and let out a single "ha" before turning to attempt to walk back upstairs.

"Breanna, get back down here!" My father ordered me.

"Why, so you can lie to me some more?"

"What are you talking about, I never lied to you-"

"This is your 'friend'?" When my father nodded at my question, I replied loudly,"you've been seeing her for over a year!"

"How did you-- Grayson." My dad concluded how I found out that information. He sighed and then said to me,"I was going to tell you, I just had some things to figure out first."

"Well, did you figure them out, Chandler?" Asked Angie who covered her freckled, full chest with one of my dad's white button-ups.

"Yes," he let out,"Angie, I'm ready to take the next step if you are. Will you move in with me, finally?"

Wrinkles carved in my forehead as I looked at them with confusion. His proposal took me completely by surprise. How could he invite her to move in when I was living with him and had absolutely no idea who the Hell she was?!

"If she moves in, I'm moving out."

======

KNOCK! KNOCK! I impatiently waited for someone to answer the door.

"Brea, honey, hi... Um, what're you doing here so early?" My mother, named Maria, came to the door and once she did, I went straight inside and fell onto the floor, lying there stiffly.

"You said I could come over any time without calling, so, here I am."

She looked at the clock and then down at me. Trying to reason with me, she sat on the floor Indian style next to my body and told me,"Oh, honey, that's just something people say."