34. "I love you"

Grayson Reid Jansen

    "—Alright, I have to go to work, but let me know if you need anything else for the party, I can pick it up when I'm off." Brea rushed to get all her things off of the counter while I distracted her with kisses along her jawline, neck, and shoulder.

Huffing, she pulled up the jacket on her shoulder and excused herself from my grasp.

I followed her to the door and shook my head. "No, I can't ask you to do that for me, I'll get it myself."

She stopped and smacked her lips. Tilting her head, she said,"It's no big deal, I got it, just send me a list."

A smile came onto my face and I leaned in for a good-bye kiss. "Alright, drive safe. Text me!"

"I know, I know, you tell me the same things everyday." Brea readjusted the equipment in her arms which I offered to help carry to her car but she gave me the whole "I'm strong and independent" speech so I let her do her thing.

"Have a good day." I sound in a low voice after pulling away from another soft kiss. Brea beamed at me and rubbed away the lipgloss that she transferred onto my face.

"K, bye!" She did a 180, bumping right into LJ.

"Good morning to you, too." He laughed and squatted down to pick her notebook up.

"LJ, always good to see you," she greeted my friends,"Hey, Jordy. Andrew."

They all said hey and dapped me up before going inside while I stood in the doorway and waited for Brea to disappear around the corner to shut the door.
As soon as I locked said door, I heard the guys making whip noises. My face immediately curled up, denying their claims about me being "whipped".

"Get a life." I snarled at them, walking to the kitchen to grab a SmartWater.

"I gotta say, I'm not used to seeing you like this, Gray." Jordy gave me what I took as a compliment, sitting on the couch with a blue controller to the PS4 in his hands.

"Yeah, me either, she must be special." Andrew chimed in to which I humbly nodded and took my seat in the recliner.

"Oh, don't be so sure, boys," LJ chuckled, roughly putting his hands on my shoulders from behind me,"once a dog, always a dog. Ain't that right, Gray?"

"What's he talking about?" Asked Jordy with more concern than he should've been.

Shit, I forgot I hadn't told them about the night with Bethany.

Speak of the devil, my phone vibrated against the glass coffee table and revealed a text message.

"Who's that, Gray? Surely, you have Brea's number saved."

"As 'wifey', I believe." Andrew butted in, laughing with LJ.

I used force to push LJ away from my body so I could grab my phone and see who was texting me. Bethany. Of course.

I slid the notification away so it wouldn't appear on my locksreen any longer, and started the game.

I kept dying which made Jordy mad so I quit and paced back to the kitchen in search of a snack or something.

"Yo, chips!" Andrew, the one who was always high, called out so I threw him a bag of Doritos that weren't yet opened.

"Ah, I know that face, Grayson, what's on your mind?" LJ pried for information out of me, hopping over the sofa to get to me. I shook him off, walking around the carpet by the sliding glass door.