39. "we have to talk"

Breanna Michelle Santana

As you can imagine, Grayson was pissed at me. He may have called me another woman's name but I slapped him for it and I suppose, that crossed the line. Hey, it's not like he hasn't slapped me before. Not the same thing? Right, okay. Well, I tried.

"—Hello, I'm talking to you," I yelled as we entered the apartment, moving swiftly to create distance between us,"are you gonna ignore me all night?!"

"You fucking slapped me, Brea, and in front of your father. The fuck do you want me to say?!" Grayson angrily grumbled as he ripped the jacket off of his arms.

I followed him into the kitchen behind the counter and not to diffuse the situation. He was NOT going to win this one!

"Okay, I'm sorry for slapping you but you deserved it! You called me another woman's name-"

"On accident!"

"Who calls their girlfriend another bitch's name? 'On accident' my ass, you shouldn't even be thinking about her! Is that who you're always texting?"

He forcefully slammed the bottle of water down on the countertop and sighed deeply.

"What?"

"Don't play dumb, you heard me. Is Bethany the one you're always texting? Must be, that's why you changed your password twenty fucking times."

"I changed my password so you wouldn't look through it-"

"Because you're hiding something-"

"No, because you don't trust me-"

"BECAUSE YOU'RE HIDING SOMETHING!"

He pushed off the counter and stormed down the hallway, mumbling,"Fuck this."

"Fuck you!"

"Fuck you, too," he exclaimed when he got to the bedroom door,"crazy bitch."

Grayson slammed the door and most likely locked me out of the room. I didn't care, the couch was comfortable and I wouldn't want to sleep next to him anyway— we'd probably end up having sex. Hot, steamy sex too that would go without me getting an apology.

I know what you're thinking, he's a piece of shit for the way he talks to me. So am I but he called me a "bitch", right? Yeah, not the first time we've mouthed off to each other like that.

===

We were drunk because that's what college kids do.

The baseball team was throwing a New Year's Eve party at their house off campus.

Grayson and I weren't a thing but weren't not a thing either. You know, we fooled around and were basically a couple - everyone knew us as one which meant everyone should've known I was off limits. Grayson, though, being the man-whore he was, could do whatever— I mean, whoever— he wanted and expected me not to give him shit about it. Sometimes I would because I didn't like the hypocrisy or how he made me feel but it would always end the same: he'd say he liked me and that I was different, special even, and I'd give in and forgive him because he was so hot and I couldn't resist or ever stay mad at him.

So, I was at the New Year's Eve party with two of my friends. My outfit was skimpy, of course, I was grown and wanted to be sexy. I had no intentions of winning over other guys but it happened.

Grayson was late and I was lonely after my friends left me to hookup with players from the team.

Someone approached me, his name was Brandon.