28. "you're not pregnant"

Breanna Michelle Santana

    Some of you will judge me for what I'm about to tell you. No one ever accused me of being the smartest or perfect. Besides, my little experiment didn't work anyway.

=== 11 weeks into the bet ===

It was another ordinary day, I was cleaning up around the house.

Washing dishes. Putting them away.

Picking up Grayson's work shoes. Putting them away.

Washing clothes. Drying the clothes. Folding said clothes.

Watering the plants. Organizing mail.

Once all the chores were done, I'd finally take some time to clean myself. After a shower, I'd eat and then check my email and missed notifications.

======

I had just finished washing the last plate in the sink one evening, when I heard the washer machine stop. After I dried my hands, I walked to the utility room.

"Hm, hm, h-hmm, hmmm" I hummed along to a song that was stuck in my head as I pulled the damp clothes from the washer and stuffed them into the dryer.

At the bottom of the washer, I thought I'd find money from Grayson's pockets but was surprised to see something else instead. Oh, I did find a few quarters, though. I placed them into the mason jar above the washer and reached for the wrapper at the bottom of the machine.

It was a condom. It didn't bother me because I knew Grayson used them on me but I started thinking about how we didn't need them.

Slamming the washer door shut, I started the time on the dryer and then stomped to the master bedroom.
Inside, I dug around each of Grayson's designated drawer's in search of the box of
rubbers.

Now, we didn't always use them (not if it was in the moment).

AHA! I finally found the box and emptied it of it's contents. They spilled onto the bed I had just made.

"It's not like we need them anymore." I reassured myself aloud to feel less guilty.

I retrieved Grayson's pocket knife from the same drawer and started to poke subtle holes in each of them.

This will only backfire if he's sleeping with other women, I thought in my head. If not, he'll have nothing to worry about. It's not like I can get pregnant, and if he is sleeping with other women then his karma will be having to raise a bastard child. Not my problem.

Once I was finished, I thought to throw them away as there was no point in keeping them. What I wanted to do was done and it was pretty evil of me, so I ought to just get rid of them and explain later.

"Babe!" I heard Grayson enter the apartment and drop his keys onto the glass.

"Shit!" I whisper-yelled and scattered across the carpet. I had a good ten seconds before he came straight to the bedroom so I knew I wouldn't be able to make it over to the trash can. Out of options, I panicked, and tossed the compromised condoms back into the drawer from which they came.

"Oh, there you are. I was callin' you." Grayson stopped at the threshold to unlace his work boots and put them onto the shoe rack by the closet.

"Hey." I breathed out all my nerves.

"I missed you," he lightly chuckled and pecked my lips,"how was your day?"

I watched as he walked to the master bathroom to peel his shirt off and then his belt.
He started the shower while checking his phone for texts or whatever.