daniel seavey • bad day

for attackingherron

today could not have been worse. you woke up late, which made you late for work. your boss was on your case all day and you couldn't get a break. then at lunch the restaurant you and your co-workers had gone to had messed up your order, but it would've taken to long to fix it so you had to eat something you didn't like.

normally on days like this, you couldn't wait to go home to find daniel waiting for you. he'd hold in you in his arms while you tell him all about how terrible your day was. but he was across the country on tour with his band.

on top of everything that happened that day, your car broke down and you had to wait for two hours until a tow truck could take it to get fixed. now you were in an uber on your way home at nine p.m.

the driver pulled into you and daniel's driveway, and you took a sigh of relief. you were so ready to take a hot bath and get in bed, you just wished that daniel could be there with you.

you thanked the driver and got out of the car. you unlocked your door and went inside, heading straight to your room. you kicked off your shoes and took off your jacket, going into the bathroom.

you turned your music on, smiling when one of daniel's songs came on. you took off your make-up and put your hair into a bun before starting the bath.

you threw in some bubble bath and waited for the tub to fill up. just as you got into the bath, your phone rang.

you reached over and grabbed it, your heart warming up when you saw daniel facetiming.

"hello my love," he said when it connected.

"hi daniel."

"how was your day?"

"horrible. i was late to work and karen was all on my ass about some paperwork that i hadn't finished. and then at lunch they messed up my order, and the rest of the day karen was just being a bitch like always. it was just so stressful." you took a few deep breathes to try and calm yourself down.

"i'm sorry baby."

"i just wanted to come home and you be here to hold me."

"i know. just a few more weeks and i'll be back."

"yeah...what about you, what'd you do today?"

"we were just driving so not much. we have a show tomorrow night in seattle...maybe you could come stay with us for the weekend?"

as much as you wanted to spend the weekend with daniel, you couldn't. your mom had asked you to come over and help with some house project she and your dad had started and you couldn't cancel.

"i wish i could, but i have to go help my parents with something."

"oh." he sighed. i saw him reach and grab his guitar, starting to strum on it.

"daniel?" you asked.

"sorry, is it too loud?"

"no, but can you sing too please?"

"of course." you smiled and set your phone on the side of the tub. you leaned back and relaxed, listening to daniel's soothing voice singing.

hey may not have been with you physically to make you feel better, but his voice was enough.

when the water started to get cold, you unplugged the drain and got out, wrapping a towel around your body. you moved your phone to the sink counter.

"baby, go grab one of my shirts from our closet. you can cuddle my pillow and I'll sing you to sleep so it's like i'm actually there." you smiled and nodded, heading to his closet in your towel and with your phone in hand.

you grabbed one of his white t-shirts and threw it on. it was huge on you, falling past the plaid pajama shorts you had put on after.

"you look so beautiful, i love when you wear my shirts," daniel cooed. you smiled and thanked him, getting into the bed. it seemed a lot bigger without daniel there, even though you slept on top of him so the space didn't matter.

"okay, you comfortable?" he asked after you had shifted around. you were underneath the blankets, holding daniel's pillow between your arms. you answered yes and soon he was singing again.

the lights were off, your fan was blowing quietly and daniel's calming voice was filling the room. you soon peacefully fell asleep with a smile on your face.

*****
a/n
okay so first imagine, what do y'all think? i hope you liked it, i think it's pretty cute.

remember i'm taking requests, so message me your idea and I'll try to get to it.

i love you guys :)