daniel seavey • puppy

your phone blared its ringtone, making you jump awake. you groaned and reached over to grab it. it was barely nine in the morning on a saturday, who was calling you to wake you up?

you sighed when you saw daniel's on the screen. he always woke up earlier than you did. you should've expected a morning call from him today, considering it's not only your one year anniversary but your birthday too.

the previous year you had invited a few of your friends, including daniel, out to dinner then back to your house just to hang out. daniel made sure he was the last to leave, wanting time alone with you to not only give you your beautiful birthday present, a charm bracelet, but also ask you to be his.

ever since then you had only fallen deeper in love with him. so when he was the one waking you up from your beauty sleep on a saturday, you didn't mind.

"hello?"

"happy birthday and happy anniversary, my love," he said through the phone.

"thank you baby, and happy anniversary."

"i know i woke you up, sorry about that, but my present couldn't wait until our date later. can you open the door for me in a few minutes?"

"yeah, sure," you told him.

"i'm pulling into the parking lot now."

"okay i'll be out in a second. bye babe."

"bye love." you got out of bed and threw the blankets to the top, trying to make it look a little neater. you went to the bathroom and quickly brushed your teeth, then went out of your bedroom to the front door in the living room.

you and daniel didn't live together, but you had talked about it. he was about to go on tour so you weren't in any rush.

you opened the door and saw daniel standing with a bright smile on his face and a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"flowers couldn't wait til later?" you asked.

"this isn't it, but here." he handed you the flowers and you smelled them while you watched in confusion as he picked something up from around the corner.

"daniel-"

you cut yourself off when you saw the puppy in his arms.

"what?! oh my gosh!" you exclaimed, taking the golden retriever pup from his arms. the puppy licked your face and wagged its tail all over the place.

"he can keep you company while i'm gone on tour," he told you. you felt tears brimming in your eyes and you couldn't help but let them fall.

"aw, baby," he said. you set the puppy down as daniel closed the front door and pulled you into his chest. you hugged him tightly as you silently cried.

you had told daniel how much you wanted a dog countless times. you had a dog when you were a kid, you grew up with him from when you were a baby until he passed away at thirteen years. dogs held a special place in your heart. since then you always wanted another dog, but you never got around to actually doing it.

"thank you so much," you whispered.

"of course baby. i love you." you pulled away and stood on your toes to kiss him. he held your waist and rubbed up and down your hip bone with his thumb. it was such a small thing that he did without realizing it, but you loved it.

the puppy barked and you pulled away.

"what's his name?" you asked.

"that's up to you," he told you. you picked he puppy up and went to sit on your couch. daniel followed you and wrapped his arm around your shoulders.

"how about y/dogs/n?"

"i like it." daniel smiled.

"i still can't thank you enough, this is amazing oh my gosh. i can't even believe it." you smiled. the puppy moved off your lap and went in circles before laying down and closing his eyes.

"they said he's pretty calm and actually kinda lazy, so i figured he'd be a good cuddler." he laughed.

"i hope so. your cuddling is one thing i'll miss the most when you're gone."

"i know beautiful, me too."

he pushed a strand of hair behind your ear, trailing his finger down your jawline. he grabbed your chin with his finger and leaned into you, connecting your lips.

you moved your hand into his hair and passionately kissed him.

"happy birthday slash anniversary," he said. you chuckled and bit your lip.

"thank you. happy anniversary." you pecked his lips again.

the rest of the day you and daniel went to all kinds of stores buying all the needed supplies to take care of a puppy. luckily he was potty trained so that wasn't something to worry about.

it took hours until you were finally back home with everything you could ever need. then daniel let you get ready for your big anniversary date.

he told you to bring y/d/n wit you, and surprised you with a picnic at the park. it was a magical night and something you'll never forget. you two had the best night together watching the sun set and stars shine in the night's sky. it was the most beautiful thing you'd ever seen.

*****
a/n
kinda short but i hope you liked it :)