jack avery • i never hated you

for Squish98

you knocked on the door of your brothers apartment. your brother, jonah, was a famous singer in a band. he lived in california while you lived in minnesota so you didn't get to see him much, but over summer break you came to visit him.

"y/n!" one of his band mates, zach, said. you two were the same age, so you felt like you were the closest out of all of the band mates.

"hi zach!" you exclaimed. you put your bag down and hugged him, laughing when he squeezed you.

"i'm gonna squeeze the air out of you!" he exclaimed. you laughed and pulled away. zach grabbed you bag and you both walked inside.

"are you the only one here?" you asked. your question was answered when you walked in the living room and saw the other four band mates.

you smiled and ran over to jonah as he stood up. you hugged him and rocked back and forth.

"hey baby sis," he said.

"hi jonah."

"how are you? how's home?"

"i'm fine. and same as usual." you shrugged. corbyn and daniel stood up from their spots on the couches and hugged you.

you glanced over at jack sitting in a chair on his phone. you never knew why, but he always seemed to hate you. you never said anything or did anything to him, he just didn't like you.

"hey jack," you said, giving him an innocent smile. he just nodded his head in response and looked back at his phone.

you rolled your eyes and sat on the other couch with zach next to you.

"how long are you staying?" corbyn asked.

"about a month." you nodded.

"sweet, that gives us a lot of time to hang out," daniel said. the guys all agreed. you were glad that they all wanted to include you. you knew they all liked you, except for jack, but sometimes you worried that they didn't want you to hang around them because you were just jonah's sister.

"so what do you wanna do?" jonah asked.

"i don't know, i'm kinda hungry."

"we were just talking about getting a pizza. why don't you go with jack to pick it up?" jonah asked. you looked over at him, completely confused.

"u-uh," you stuttered, not knowing why jonah just volunteered you to get in the car wit someone who hates you. "shouldn't i stay to get unpacked?"

"no, i can do it for you. i'm sure you wanna get out and see la."

"i mean, i guess. as long as jack's okay with it," you said, looking over at him.

"whatever." he stood up and started towards the door. "let's go."

you stood up and glanced back at the guys. they all gave you a thumbs up and you flipped them off.

you hurried to catch up with jack and got into the passenger seat of his car.

"this is a nice car," you said, looking around at the clean, shiny interior.