corbyn besson • best friend's brother

"ash, i'm on my way," you said into the phone. you were on your way to your best friend's house.

"okay. no one's home except corbyn so we can do whatever."

"oh okay. i'll see you soon."

"k bye." you hung up and took a deep breath.

you were praying that her brother corbyn wouldn't be there. you had the biggest crush on him. he was three years older than you, but he was hot and you liked him.

ashley didn't know you liked him, but he did. many times ashley had left you alone with corby for a short time and you guys ended up making out or doing more.

ashley was oblivious. you had known her for so long, she figured you and corbyn were best friends, just like you and her. but it was a lot different.

you didn't want to see him this time, though, because ashley had started getting suspicious. she had seen some texts between the two of you that might've suggested something, but corbyn played it off like he was talking about something else. you weren't sure how ashley would react if you were to date him, so you wanted to keep it a secret. you were worried that corbyn would try something and she'd find out.

you parked your car by the curb in front of their house. you grabbed your overnight bag and got out, walking into their house. you didn't bother knocking, you and ashley were so close you were practically family.

"ash!" you called.

"in my room!" she yelled back. you walked down the hallway, bumping into corbyn.

"haven't seen you in a while." he smirked, putting his hand on your waist.

"this needs to stop. i don't want ash finding out and getting mad at me."

"come on, she wouldn't be that mad would she?"

"i don't know, but i don't wanna risk it. so leave me alone tonight." corbyn sighed and let you walk by.

you went to ashley's room and closed the door.

"hey." she smiled. you plopped on her bed. you guys talked for a while, catching up on what you had been doing since you were out of school.

"i'm starving," you said.

"same. we should go somewhere, i'm kinda bored," ashley said.

"okay. we can go get pizza or something."

"we should probably ask corbyn, god knows he'll burn the house down if he tries to cook for himself." you both laughed. you got up and went out to the living room, calling corbyn in too.

"we're getting pizza, come with us so you don't starve," ashley said. corbyn glanced at you and you just shrugged.

"okay. i'll drive."

you all went out to corbyn's car and you and ashley got in the backseat. ashley played her music and you guys jammed out in the way to the pizza place. you noticed corbyn kept sneaking glances through the rear view mirror, winking or smirking at you. you ignored him the whole time.

at the restaurant, corbyn sat across from you and ashley in a booth. you ordered your pizzas and started talking about summer plans, drama with the people from your school, and other random things.

"i'll get the drinks," ashley said.

"you want some help?" i asked.

"no, i'm good." she walked away. you sighed and met eyes with corbyn.

"listen," he started.

"no, i don't want to y'all to you. i told you we can't be together."

"i just don't see why not. you like me, i like you...the sex is great-"

"stop. i don't want to hurt ashley."

"she'll be fine." corbyn scoffed.

"i don't want her to feel like i chose you over her."

"but you didn't."

"i know but-"

"i'm back," ashley said. she set down a dr pepper in front of you. you thanked her and sipped it.

after what felt like an extremely long dinner, you all headed home. you and ashley went to her room and watched your favorite show on netflix.

eventually it got late and ashley fell asleep. you were too busy thinking about corbyn to fall asleep. you got up and went to the bathroom.

you heard corbyn talking, assuming he was playing video games. you went to the living room and saw him on the couch with his headset on.

"hey," you said. he paused the game and turned to see you, a smile on his face.

"i thought you said we were done?"

"we are. i came to talk." you sat down next to him.

"i really don't think ashley would be that upset. i mean i live in california so it'd be long distance for most of the time anyway. i think she would be fine with it."

"i just don't want to chance it and her be upset."

"i know." corbyn put his hand on yours. "you don't have to tell her if you don't want to. but i really like you and i hate sneaking around."

"yeah, me too."

"is she asleep?" you nodded. "are you gonna tell her in the morning?"

"yeah i guess so."

"yay." he smiled. you chuckled and leaned forward, kissing him. he moved you into his lap and wrapped his arms around you. you pulled away, keeping your arms around his neck.

"um, someone wanna tell me what's going on?" you turned and saw ashley, immediately getting off of corbyn's lap.

"um..."

"are y'all...together?" she asked.

"no."

"yes." you and corbyn spoke simultaneously.

"we're not together. i was gonna talk to you about this in the morning. we aren't together, but we like each other and we want to be together."

"oh."

"but i was gonna ask you first because i didn't want you to be uncomfortable."

"i'm not uncomfortable."

"see, i told you," corbyn said.

"you're okay with us being together? like dating?"

"i mean yeah whatever. as long as y'all don't like make out in front of me and stuff." she laughed.

"thank you." you smiled and went to hug ashley.

"i didn't think we could get any closer, but i guess now we are." you both laughed.

"thanks ash," corbyn said.

"so i'm going back to bed. if y'all have sex don't be too loud, okay?" you blushed and corbyn laughed.

"no promises," he said.

"gross!" ashley exclaimed, going back to her room.

you smiled and went over to corbyn, sitting on his lap and kissing all over his face.

"i told youuuuu," corbyn said.

"yeah, you were right." corbyn smiled and kissed your lips.

"now...how about that sex?" he asked.

"stop, now it's weird because she knows we're doing it." you laughed.

"so?"

"okay fine, but really we need to be quiet." you laughed and leaned forward, kissing his lips.

*****