jack avery • rainy days

you slowly woke up to the sound of rain pouring down on your windows. you loved the rain. it meant you could spend all day cuddled up inside. you smiled and rolled over onto your stomach, grabbing a pillow and cuddling it.

not only was it cold and rainy, but your boyfriend, jack, was finally coming to visit you. you lived across the country to attend college, which meant you rarely ever got to see jack. the last time you had seen each other was two months ago on valentine's day.

he was on tour with his band and they were coming to your city. luckily he had two off days on the weekend before the show on monday. he had told you that he'd be flying in saturday morning and he'd be there when you woke up.

you reached over to grab your phone, unhooking it from its charger. you saw multiple texts from jack. he knew you'd be asleep but appreciate the texts when you woke up, and you did. about half an hour ago he texted saying he was on his way to your apartment from the airport.

you got up and went into the bathroom to wash your face and brush your teeth. you weren't worried about putting on makeup, but you brushed your hair so it wouldn't look like a rats nest.

you left the bathroom and lazily made your bed, then headed towards the kitchen. you started brewing some coffee and looked out the window at the rain.

your phone buzzed just as you heard a knock on the door. you smiled and walked towards your front door. you unlocked it and opened it, immediately being scooped up off your feet and carried to the couch.

"hi baby!" you exclaimed. jack sat on the couch, then lay on his back with you on top of him.

"good morning princess," he said with a smile. he was wearing a beanie and his glasses, a mix that you adored.

you put your hand on his cheek before leaning in and pressing your lips onto his soft ones. he moaned, rubbing his hands up and down your body.

"i've missed this more than anything," he whispered. "two months is too long."

you kissed him again, then heard your coffee machine beep.

"you want some coffee?" you asked, getting up and heading towards your kitchen. jack followed you.

"yeah sure." you grabbed two mugs and began to pour the coffee into them, feeling jack wrap his arms around your waist and put his face in your neck.

"you smell so good. god i've missed you so much," he whispered, sweetly kissing your neck.

you turned around and handed him his mug. you pecked his lips before grabbing his hand and walking towards your bedroom.

you opened the blinds so you could see the rain, then got into bed. jack put his arm around you and you both sipped your coffee.

"how's tour going?" you asked.

"it's amazing. the fans are insane."

"they like the new choreography?"

"they go crazy for it. and we like it too. it's new for us, but it's definitely something we'll keep doing on future tours."

"i'm so proud of you," you said. he grabbed your face and pecked your lips.

you both finished your coffee and set it on your side table. then jack lay down and you put your head on his chest, draping your leg over his too. you played with the strings on his hoodie and he rubbed your back.

"this is what i miss the most when i'm gone," he said quietly.

"i know baby. i just gotta finish this semester and then i can move to california," you said. you were getting your associates degree, and then moving to la to finish school there.

"i can't wait for that. we can live together and see each other every day," he said. you smiled, thinking of how cute it was that he thought about your future.

"you wanna live together?" you asked.

"of course baby, why wouldn't i?"

"we just don't really talk about our future that much." you shrugged.

"i know we don't but...i wanna marry you eventually." you sat up and looked at him.

"what?" you asked, a huge smiled forming on your face. you and jack had been dating for almost two years, but you had never thought about marriage, you were both so young.

"i mean obviously not now, i'm still a kid. but y/n whenever i think about getting married and having kids, it's always wit you." you blushed so deeply.

"i love you so much." you leaned in and pressed your lips onto his.

"i gotta get you a promise ring or some shit, i can't have anyone stealing my future wife," he whispered.

you laughed and straddled his waist.

"no one can steal me, i'm all yours love." you leaned in and kissed him again.

*****