jonah marais • baseball tournament

you turned your car into the parking lot for the baseball fields. your boyfriend, jonah, has a baseball tournament and you were finally able to come to one. you didn't tell jonah, only his sister esther because you wanted to surprise him.

once you parked your car you called esther. she told you what field they were on and where they were sitting.

"he never looks into the stands because he loses focus, so he shouldn't notice you," she told you.

"okay, i'll see you in a minute," you said. you said goodbye then hung up, grabbing your purse and getting out of the car.

it was he beginning of his season, so it was spring. the weather was amazing, sunny but not too hot. you were wearing ripped jean capris and a shirt that had jonah's team name on the front and his number and last name on the back.

you walked through the fields, looking for one with jonah's team on the field. you finally spotted it and made your way over to esther and jonah's parents.

"y/n, how are you?" jonah's mom, carrie, asked.

"i'm good, how are you?" you asked.

"i'm good." you said hello to jonah's dad the. sat between esther and svea.

"how are you svea?" you asked.

"i'm good, how are you?" she asked.

"i'm good." you smiled and out your arm around her. you never had a younger sister, so svea and esther were both like sisters you never had.

you turned your attention to the field and saw them all warming up. jonah was in the pitching mound throwing to the catcher, getting ready for the game to start.

esther was right, he was so focused on his pitches that he never once glanced in the stands. you were thankful, wanting to surprise him after the game.

the umpire soon started the game and everyone clapped and cheered. jonah started the game out with a perfect strike, soon striking the batter out. everyone cheered for him.

the game continued like this, jonah keeping the other team from scoring by striking them out, or by his teammates being quick to get them out at first or second base.

jonah had multiple good hits, as well as his teammates. you knew he was really good, being the best senior on your high school's varsity team, but you weren't aware of how good he was.

the game ended with a score of 3-14, jonah's team winning the game. this meant that they were in the top four of the tournament and would move on to the semifinals.

esther grabbed your hand and led you to the back of the dugout. you couldn't see jonah, but you could hear him celebrating with his teammates while packing up their bags.

soon you saw him turn around the corner with a big smile on his face. he looked up and noticed you, his smile only getting bigger.

"y/n!" he exclaimed. he ran up to you, dropping his bag and picking you up. he spun you around while hugging you.

"i thought you couldn't make it," he said.

"surprise? you did so good, i'm so glad i got to come," you told him. he smiled and connected your lips.

"are you staying the whole time?" he asked.

"yeah, i was thinking i could drive you home and we could hang out," you said.

"yeah, that'd be great." he smiled and kissed you again. you stepped away so jonah could talk to his family.

the rest of the day consisted of more baseball, and jonah's team ending up winning the tournament.

after the game everyone had rushed onto the field to take pictures of their rings and the banner they'd get.

after getting pictures with his team, his coach, and his family, jonah asked for pictures with you.

you went up to him and he pulled you into his arms. esther took pictures of you hugging, then you stood next to him and he wrapped his arm around you. you put one arm around him and your other one on his chest, leaning into him and smiling.

then you put your hand on his face and kissed his cheek. the. jonah insisted on taking a picture of you two kissing.

"okay, i think that's enough," you said laughing.

"i wanna remember this since you can't make it all the time," he said with a smile. you laughed and kissed his lips.

jonah said goodbye to his family and so did you, then you headed back to your car. by then the parking lot was empty, since jonah's game was the last game and everyone had left before you.

"i told my mom we're going out to get food, so we have a few hours," he said.

"okay." you unlocked your car and jonah got into the backseat. you took a quick glance around to make sure no one was around, then you got into the backseat too.

jonah was already shirtless and working on taking his pants off.

he looked at you and grabbed your face, smashing his lips on yours. you made out with him for a while before pulling away.

"i'm so glad you came today," he said.

"i couldn't miss this," you said with a wink. jonah chuckled and kissed your lips again.

*****