daniel seavey • blonde

"zach, i need your help," you said into the phone. you walked up and down the aisles of the store, not going in any specific direction yet.

"what's up?" he asked.

"daniel pranked me," you said, thinking of the day your boyfriend had filled your hair dryer with baby powder. zach just laughed.

"what'd he do?" he asked.

"he put flour or baby powder or something in my hair dryer. i'm still finding powder in my hair," you complained. zach laughed again.

"so you called me for revenge?"

"they say you're the prankster of the group." you chuckled.

"and they're right. there's a prank that i've always wanted to do, but i know that the guys would kill me. but daniel could never get mad at you."

"okay what is it?" you asked.

"dye his hair blonde." your jaw dropped.

"what? how could i do that?"

"make up some weird hair treatment that makes it super soft or something and use the hair dye instead. or you could say that you're trying to prank us and use temporary hair dye, but then you prank daniel by using permanent."

"you think he'll freak out?"

"definitely. and if not, then we can dye it purple or something next."

"true." you both laughed. "okay thank you zach."

"yeah sure. i wanna see a video of his reaction."

"okay. i'll talk to you later. bye."

"bye." you hung up and immediately headed toward the section with hair care products.

you bought a bottle of leave in conditioner, and a bottle of hair dye. you planned on switching the two to trick daniel.

when you got home daniel was still at the beach with his family. you went into the kitchen and dumped the conditioner into a bowl and then put the hair dye into that bottle. you cleaned everything up then went to you and daniel's room.

you texted zach and told him everything was set and you were just waiting on daniel.

soon you heard the front door open and daniel was calling your name.

"i'm back here!" you called. daniel came in with a to-go box from a restaurant.

"you brought food?" you gasped.

"it's an 'i'm sorry i filled your hair dryer with baby powder' gift."

"mhm you're so sorry," you replied sarcastically.

"i am sorry, but it was funny." he laughed. you rolled your eyes and grabbed the bag from his hand.

"i'm gonna shower."

"okay." you pulled out the pasta he had ordered you and dug in. once daniel got out he came and sat next to you. kissing your cheek before relaxing on the bed.

"hey, feel my hair," you said, thinking of an idea on how to start the prank.

"um okay." daniel chuckled and ran his fingers through your hair.

"soft, right?"

"yeah sure."

"my friend gave me this really good leave in conditioner and it makes your hair so soft. i think you should try it," you suggested.

"oh yeah?"

"yeah. we can do it tonight if you want."

"yeah sure." he shrugged and went back on his phone, rubbing your back with one hand.

once you finished eating, you and daniel went to the kitchen.

"okay sit in a chair and i'll get everything ready." daniel nodded and sat in a chair. you grabbed an old towel and put it around his shoulders, then grabbed a pair of gloves that you had previously bought.

daniel was completely clueless, just messing around on his phone while you put the dye in his hair. you massaged it all into his hair.

"mm this feels good," daniel said. he had his head leaned back and his eyes were closed. you just laughed at him.

"you're cute." you smiled.

"thanks."

"okay, you just gotta leave it in for thirty minutes." you grabbed your phone and set a timer.

"what do i do until then?" he asked, pouting.

"you've been on your phone this whole time."

"yeah but now i'm bored. come here." he patted his lap. you sighed and took off the gloves, going to sit on his lap. you put your hands on his shoulders and his landed on your waist.

"you excited for how soft it's gonna turn out?" he asked.

"i'm so excited for how it'll turn out." you chuckled.

"now you'll have no excuse to not play with my hair."

"mhm." you chuckled again. you leaned in and pressed your lips onto his. you moved your hands to his neck, careful not to touch his hair.

you made out for a while, put them were interrupted but the timer. you pulled away and smirked, ready to see his reaction.

"okay, let me help you rinse it out in the shower," you said. you went to your bathroom and set your phone up to record, then turned the shower on.

daniel came in and you helped him take off his shirt so it wouldn't mess up his hair. he leaned over the tub and you washed all the dye out. you grabbed a towel and dried his hair, then had him stand up with the towel on his head.

"okay look in the mirror," you said.

"why?" you took the towel off and his eyes went wide. "y/n!"

"oh my gosh." you covered your mouth.

"what the heck?! how did that happen?!" he asked.

"haha pranked ya!" you yelled, bursting out laughing. daniel looked at you with his eyes wide.

"what?"

"you thought i'd let you prank me and not get you back?"

"but this is temporary right?" he asked. you shook your head while biting your lip.

"y/n!" he yelled, looking in the mirror again. he ran his hands through his hair.

"daniel, it's fine."

"no it's not, i look like corbyn!"

"i actually kinda like it." you walked up to him and messed with it.

"i can't believe you dyed my hair blonde."

"hang on. let's just blow dry it and see how it looks," you suggested.

"use my hair dryer," he said. you glared at him and he chuckled.

you dried his hair and then brushed it all out. he fixed it how he did everyday and you looked at him.

"i mean it kinda backfired but... i love it." you shrugged.

"it's not bad?"

"it's kinda hot." you smirked.

"yeah?" daniel asked. you nodded, stepping closer to him.

"hm, who knew i was into blondes." you both laughed. daniel picked you up and sat you on the edge of the sink, kissing your lips. he ran his hands up your back, underneath your shirt.

"you're kinda glad i pranked you now huh?" you asked.

"mm as long as you like it."

"i love it." you kissed again, wrapping your legs around his waist.

*****