daniel seavey • having a baby (3)

for Sarcasticallysasssy

you woke up with a jolt, feeling pain in your stomach and liquid between your legs. you reached over and shook your boyfriend, daniel, so he'd wake up.

"daniel!"

"hm?" he asked sleepily.

"i think my water just broke."

"okay."

"no, daniel." you shook him again. he sat up and looked at you, rubbing his eyes.

"what's wrong babe?"

"my water broke."

"oh shit."

"yeah, oh shit." you widened your eyes.

"okay, um put on some shoes i'll grab the bag." you both. got out of bed. you grabbed one of daniel's hoodies and put it on over your nightgown. you slipped on your birkenstock's and held your stomach, waddling to the front door.

"oh god!" you exclaimed, stopping in the hallway. daniel came rushing to your side, your hospital bag slung over his shoulder.

"it's okay love, i got you." he wrapped his arm around you and helped you walk to the car. you got into the front seat and daniel sped to the hospital.

"just take deep breathes babe, it'll be okay, we're almost there." you reached over and grabbed daniel's hand, squeezing it tight.

daniel sloppily parker the car and jumped out, running to your side to open the door. he helped you out and walked you to the front door. a nurse came and took you to a a bed and closed the curtains.

your contractions were getting closer and a lot more painful. the nurse came to check you and told you you were three centimeters dilated.

you lay on your side, holding your stomach and wincing whenever contractions would come. daniel was standing over you, caressing your face.

"daniel, did you call my mom?" you asked weakly.

"she's on her way." you nodded and closed your eyes.

"how is she?" you heard keri's voice.

"she's only three centimeters but she's in a lot of pain," he said quietly.

"oh, poor baby." keri put her hand on your arm. "your mom's almost here i just got off the phone with her."

you felt another contraction and sat up.

"i-i think i'm gonna throw up." a nurse quickly handed you a bucket and you threw up into it.

"oh my god that's disgusting." you made a gross face as daniel wipes your face with paper towels.

"y/n." you saw your mom come up to you. she carefully hugged you and kissed your head. you leaned on her and felt tears in your eyes.

"it hurts so much," you whined.

"i know honey, i know." she rubbed your back.

"were you planning on having an epidural?" a nurse asked. you and daniel both nodded. "we can give it to you now if you'd like."

"yes please." you held your stomach and squeezed your eyes shut.

they gave you he shot and soon everything was numb.

"you feeling better love?" daniel asked. he was sitting by your side holding your hand.

"mhm." you smiled. he chuckled and leaned forward to peck your lips.

"you're adorable."

a couple hours later you were nine centimeters dilated so they took you back into a private room where you'd be giving birth.

they got you all set up. your mom and daniel on each side of you and keri recording everything.

"ready to push y/n?" the doctor asked. you nodded and waited until a contraction hit to push.

you squeezed daniel's hand and your mom's hand as tight as you could, screaming from the pain.

twenty minutes later, you heard crying and knew you could relax. you fell back on the bed, calming yourself down. you had been crying and panting. your mom rubbed your arm as the doctors instructed daniel to cut the umbilical cord. then they lay your baby on your chest for a minute.

"he's beautiful," you whispered.

"yeah he is," daniel said. they took him away to do the eating and daniel went with them.

you started crying again and your mom held your hands.

"the hard part is all over honey. you did it, and now you get to have that little baby boy everyday for the rest of your life." you smiled and nodded.

they brought your baby back to you and you held him, you and daniel both admiring him.

"he's so precious," you said. daniel kissed your head.

"i love you both so much."

*****