daniel seavey • graduation

in the morning, you got up early and took a shower. you tried to eat breakfast, but you were so nervous you could barely eat anything. you were graduation that day and were valedictorian.

you brushed your teeth, then had your sister help with your hair and makeup. you put your favorite black dress on, then your black strappy heels.

you grabbed your graduation cap and gown then headed out to your car. you had to be there an hour earlier than your family, so you took your own car.

your boyfriend, daniel, was on tour, but he had a show in your city that night. he had helped you with your speech so much, you were so excited for him to be able to see it, but last night he told you he couldn't make it. you were very upset, but grateful that you'd still see him later that night.

as you got into your car, daniel called you.

"hey daniel," you said.

"good morning princess. you ready for your speech?"

"no, i'm so nervous i can't even eat."

"baby, you've rehearsed your speech millions of times. and it's not like you have to memorize it, you'll have it right in front of you."

"but there's so many people that are gonna be there, what if i stutter and everyone laughs."

"you won't, but i promise they'll understand, love. it's a big deal, but you're tough and you can get through it," he assured you. you sighed.

"thank you."

"of course." you heard a loud noise in the background.

"what was that?" you asked.

"we're at a gas station, a truck just pulled in next to us," he said.

"oh okay."

"i have to go, but you're gonna do amazing, i'm so proud of you, and call me right after you get your diploma, okay?"

"okay. i love you. i'll see you tonight."

"i love you too. bye love."

"bye."

you hung up and turned the radio on while driving. once you arrived, you pulled into the parking lot of the event venue.

you met up with a couple of your friends and you went through the quick run-through.

your principal instructed everyone to go into the room you were waiting in. you and your friends helped put each other's robes and caps on, making sure that you looked good.

since you were valedictorian, you entered through another door than your friends. just as you were about to walk through the doors and onto the stage where you were sitting with your administrators, your phone buzzed.

you got a text from daniel saying "your family and i are on the left side of the stage"

you covered your mouth, smiling widely. you couldn't believe he made it. you walked out onto the stage and immediately looked to your left, spotting daniel with your parents and siblings.

you smiled and he blew you a kiss. you blushed and took your seat.

your principal started the ceremony, and before you knew it it was your turn to give your speech.

you took another glance at daniel and he smiled, mouthing that you got this. you took a deep breath and nodded, going up to the podium.

you began your speech, occasionally looking over towards daniel to find him. soon everyone was applauding you. you smiled and thanked them, then went to your principal to accept your diploma.

you headed back to your seat, taking deep breathes to calm down. you looked over at daniel and he was smiling so widely. he mouthed that he loved you and you mouthed it back.

when everyone had left the venue, you walked outside to the meeting spot your parents were waiting at. you spotted daniel and ran to him as fast as you could in your heels.

he picked you up and spun you around kissing all over your face.

"i can't believe you made it!" you exclaimed.

"i got david to change his mind and flew out late last night."

"thank you."

"i'm so proud of you love," he said softly. you pulled your head back and kissed his lips.

daniel set you down and the photo shoot began. you took thousands of pictures with everyone in your family, and daniel.

"can you make it to lunch?" you asked daniel, holding both of his hands. your family had gone back to their car, heading to a restaurant to have lunch at.

"i can go, but i have to leave at one, the venue is like an hour away."

"okay, i'll just tell my parents we have-"

"we? baby it's a lunch for you. you stay, i'll get an uber, and you can meet me later tonight."

"are you sure?" you asked.

"of course, now let's go." he grabbed your hand and you started walking to your car.

you left your gown and cap in the backseat and got into the drivers seat.

"wow," daniel said.

"what?"

"you looked amazing in that gown, but you look even better without it," he said. you chuckled and leaned over, pressing your lips to daniel's.

he put his hand on your thigh and your hands held his face. you moved your lips together, softly moaning. he slipped his tongue into your mouth and swirled it around. you moved your hand into his hair and pulled on it.

"mm, we should go shouldn't we?" you asked, slightly pulling away before kissing him again.

"y-yeah, we should," daniel panted before kissing you again. you pulled away and put your seatbelt on.

"i can't wait until we're alone in my hotel tonight," daniel whispered, squeezing your thigh. you blushed and pulled out of the parking lot.

you drove to the restaurant where you and daniel had lunch with your family. once he left, you continued lunch and your celebration.

then you headed back home to get ready for the concert, since you were definitely not wearing your dress and heels.

once you were ready, you drive to the venue and got backstage. daniel was doing limelight and vip, so you just stayed in their dressing room until he came and found you.

once he did find you, you cuddled on the couch together until the show started. you watched him perform from the side of the stage, and he snuck glances at you every now and then.

once the show was over, you and daniel snuck out and went to a hotel just like you had planned before.

*****