daniel seavey • overnight

you took the rag and wiped down the counters in the kitchen of the arcade that you worked in. you hung it on the sink and walked back out to the front.

"um, excuse me?" you looked and saw a young man waiting at the front desk. you quickly recognized him as jonah maraud from the famous boyband why don't we.

"hey, you're jonah marais, right?" you asked.

"yeah, that's me." he chuckled.

"what can i do for ya?"

"is there a manager here?" he asked.

"that'd be me." you chuckled.

"oh cool. i was just wondering if there was a way to rent this place out? i'm trying to pull a prank on my bandmates to make them think that we're breaking in and then get caught, but we're actually allowed to be here."

"um...."

"it's okay if we can't, i just thought i'd ask."

"no, i think we could work out a deal. i mean i'd have to stay with you guys if you don't mind and we couldn't do it for free."

"no of course, i'll pay whatever. and i'm sure the guys wouldn't mind you hanging out with us." he said with a slight smirk. you blushed.

"so do you have a plan for this prank?"

"yeah, so i'm gonna have daniel stay inside and hide behind that cowboy game, then the rest of us will leave and then come back in later. but i want daniel to get caught. so like maybe like half an hour after you close, go find him and like tell him you're gonna call the police ya know. and then we'll come back in and surprise him."

"okay, sounds good." you stayed calm on the outside, but you were freaking out on the inside.

"give me your instagram so i can like message you when we're gonna come in and stuff." he handed you his phone and you typed in your instagram. jonah then took care of the money situation and soon he was back with the guys.

you went around doing your normal closing responsibilities, acting like everything was normal. you then went to your office and called your best friend, freaking out about what had happened.

about an hour after closing time, you got a dm from jonah letting you know that they were inside the amusement park part of the lot, and were ready for you to find daniel.

you got up and walked around a little, checking all of the arcade games. you then went to the cowboy game. you could hear daniel muttering under his breath.

you pulled on the doorknob but t was locked.

"hey, you're not allowed back there, you gotta come out!" you said loud enough for him to hear. nothing happened so you knocked again.

"come on out," you said. the door then opened and it took everything in you to not smile when you saw him.

"what were you doing back there huh?"

"i uh i was just-"

"you know this is trespassing? i'm gonna have to call the police," you said.

"no, come on please don't. i'll pay you whatever you want."

"bribing isn't gonna work. come with me." you grabbed his wrist and led him to the office.

"i promise i wasn't gonna do anything. my friends and i were just trying to have some fun."

"there are fun things that aren't illegal." you had him sit in your office chair.

"stay here and don't touch anything."