jack avery • surprise

for tacklingavery

the bell rang, signaling the end of class. you slowly packed up your stuff, not caring how long it took since you had lunch next period. it was a monday and you were exhausted. the last place you wanted to be was school.

you were a senior in your second semester. all you wanted was to graduate and get out of the stupid halls of your high school.

you slung your bag over your shoulder and left your english class, heading towards the cafeteria. you made your way towards the back by the big windows where you and your best friend always sat.

"hey y/n," y/f/n said as you walked up. you sighed out, letting her know that it wasn't a good day.

"hey," you said quietly.

"what's up?" she asked as you sat down.

"nothing. i'm just tired and i miss jack." jack was your boyfriend. you had been together for about eight months, but you didn't get to see him often because of how successful his band was, and because of school.

"where is he?"

"just busy with the guys. they have rehearsals for tour and they're recording non-stop. he's happy which makes me happy, but i wanna see him. school is always in the way."

"i'm sorry," y/f/n said, frowning a little. "maybe you can see him this weekend."

"i hope so."

you sat in your chair and picked over your lunch, not feeling very hungry. you weren't talking much, but y/f/n didn't mind, she'd do all the talking.

"this asshole ran into me in the hallway earlier. i was just walking to class and some guy shoves him and he runs into me! like watch where you're going! geez."

"did you drop your stuff, and then he picked it up for you and it was love at first sight?" you asked, mockingly.

"definitely. i haven't stopped thinking about him all day," she said sarcastically. you both chuckled softly.

"ugh and my math teacher is the absolute worst..." she started going on and on with another story about how her teacher hates her and is out to get her. you're barely paying attention, only making shocked facial expressions when necessary.

eventually she finishes her story and pulls out homework to work on.

about twenty minutes into your lunch period, you felt your phone vibrate repeatedly. you took it out of the pocket of jack's hoodie and turned it on to see three messages from jack.

jack
hey baby
are you at school?
well duh you're at school, but are you at lunch?

you
yeah, why?

jack
the courtyard leads to the cafeteria right?

you
yeah...jack what are you doing?

jack
surprising you :)

you
what? really?

jack
yeah, come outside

you looked up from your phone and outside the windows to the courtyard. your eyes immediately spotted jack's curly hair.

"um, y/f/n, I'll be right back," you said standing up.

"what, where are you going?" she asked.

"jack's here to surprise me."

"aww. okay have fun." you smiled and walked towards the door, hurrying outside to jack.

he spotted you and immediately smiled. you went up to him and wrapped your arms around him hugging him tightly.

"how are you?" he asked.

"a lot better now that you're here. i can't believe you surprised me!" you cheered. jack chuckled and put his hands in your face, softly kissing your lips. you thought it'd be a quick kiss, but jack held your face, kissing you longer.

"how'd you get out of the studio?" you asked, taking jack's hand and leading him to a bench nearby.

"the guys were going out to get lunch, but i told them i wanted to see you."

"aww, thank you baby." you smiled. he wrapped his arm around you and pulled you in closer to him.

"how's the recording going?" you asked.

"it's great. we're getting a lot down and we're so proud of it."

"i'm glad." you smiled.

"i'm sorry we're there so much. i know it takes up a lot of my time."

"no, it's okay. i know it makes you happy. and you being happy makes me happy, as cheesy as it sounds." you chuckled.

"i like when you're cheesy," he said with a smile. you blushed and leaned in to kiss him.

"i love you," you told him.

"i love you more."

*****