corbyn besson • unbelievable

corbyn's pov

i looked across the room at y/n, not able to take my eyes off of her. she was so beautiful. she laughed at something her friend said and my heart fluttered. i couldn't help but smile at hearing the wondrous sound.

"yo, corbyn!" my head snapped when i noticed jonah trying to get my attention.

"huh?" i asked. jonah laughed.

"she's way out of your league bro," he shook his head.

"i don't know what you're talking about." i scoffed.

"mhm. okay." i shook my head and got back to work, sneaking another glance at y/n. she looked in my direction and caught my eye. she smiled and waved and i felt my cheeks turning bright red. i turned away and looked at my notebook.

soon the bell rang, signaling the end of the day. i packed up all of my stuff and hurried out the door. daniel met up with me and jonah as we walked to our lockers.

"have you talked to y/n?" he asked.

"right, like that'll ever happen," jonah said. i glared at him.

"dude, we talked about this," daniel said.

"i know but-"

"no, you just gotta ask her. ask her to get ice cream or something."

"but-"

"look, her locker is right next to yours. just ask her to go out for ice cream. and if she says no then you say okay and we'll take you out for ice cream to make you feel better," jonah said.

"but she'll say yes. now go!" daniel pushed my shoulder. i glared back at him, but took a deep breathe and went to my locker.

i opened it and grabbed my stuff, then hesitated for a minute. y/n was talking to her friend so i acted busy until she left. when she did i closed my locker and turned to y/n.

"hey y/n," i said softly. she smiled kindly.

"hey, you're corey right?"

"um it's corbyn actually." i blushed.

"oh, i'm so sorry. i get names mixed up a lot."

"no, don't feel bad everyone does it," i lied, covering it with a laugh.

"we have chemistry, don't we?" she asked, smirking at you.

"huh? oh uh yeah chemistry...the class." i laughed awkwardly.

"you're really smart."

"thanks. i'm sure you're smart too." i shrugged.

"actually, chemistry is my worst subject. i've been thinking about a tutor-"

"i could be your tutor!"

"really?"

"yeah definitely. i love chemistry and i'd love to help you out." i smiled widely, then quickly stopped not wanting to look weird even though i probably already did.

"great." she smiled.

"actually, why don't we go out for ice cream tomorrow, and we can figure out what we need to work on," i suggested, bolder than i had anticipated.

"i'm going to the football game tomorrow." she frowned.

"oh-"

"but i'm free saturday."

"then saturday it is."

"give me your number and i'll text you."

"okay." i gave her my number, then couldn't stop smiling.